News: PFT: 2023 draft picks Viliami Fehoko, Eric Scott among 15 Cowboy cuts

John813

Reaction score
This team drafts so well, we can cut guys taken the year or two before.

Just got to hope that if Zimmer is an one year stop, the next DC isn't like Quinn, and prefers players that Zimmer didn't and cut lol.

jujoboys

Reaction score
That’s a recent 4th, 5th and 6th gone.
I'm just glad they are starting to realize you don't hold onto players just because you drafted them. It was obvious during the preseason games this year that Eric Scott stunk. Guy was constantly getting beat by scrub WRs. I was afraid they were going to hang onto the guy because they basically gave up a 6th pick in 2023 and 4th round in 2024 for that scrub. I'm still mad we didn't have that 4th round pick this year to choose a RB in the draft.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I never thought too much of Scott or understood what some saw in him, but I thought after Bland's injury he'd make the roster even after acquiring Booth until Bland came back. Looks like Fehoko will be an IR stash

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
If they stopped letting the coaches pick players they wanted in the draft and just let Will and his scouts do their jobs, this kind of crap wouldn't happen as much.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm just glad they are starting to realize you don't hold onto players just because you drafted them. It was obvious during the preseason games this year that Eric Scott stunk. Guy was constantly getting beat by scrub WRs. I was afraid they were going to hang onto the guy because they basically gave up a 6th pick in 2023 and 4th round in 2024 for that scrub. I'm still mad we didn't have that 4th round pick this year to choose a RB in the draft.
I mean I wouldn't have had a issue with it if they liked him enough to trade a pick for him last year they should still like him. BUT if they feel like they had a error in scouting I can respect them not holding a spot. Especially if there's better. I was concerned with corner because I thought Izzy had a shot here but I thought Nashon and Scott due to draft status were gonna be here. Glad that's not the case and it seems so far Izzy is in their plans.