News: PFT: 2023 draft picks Viliami Fehoko, Eric Scott among 15 Cowboy cuts

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
exactly.Cowboys generally dont draft unatheltic guys especially at DE.
He fits the mold of those mid round guys that never make it here. Those Ryan Russell types. But he had no position and when they start trying to find a position for a guy I just know it won't end well.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I mean I wouldn't have had a issue with it if they liked him enough to trade a pick for him last year they should still like him. BUT if they feel like they had a error in scouting I can respect them not holding a spot. Especially if there's better. I was concerned with corner because I thought Izzy had a shot here but I thought Nashon and Scott due to draft status were gonna be here. Glad that's not the case and it seems so far Izzy is in their plans.
Izzy should honestly take over for Lewis next year in the slot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they stopped letting the coaches pick players they wanted in the draft and just let Will and his scouts do their jobs, this kind of crap wouldn't happen as much.
Exactly this.

Someone said the same thing on a recent podcast and it’s spot on.

Letting coaches pick players gets you guys like this. Or Taco over TJ Watt.

Let the scouts handle the scouting and coaches handle coaching. Don’t mix the two.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whats weird is Fehoko should have drafted in the 5th and Richards should have been drafted in the 4th

If you switch those two around, its makes alot more sense

doomsday9084

Reaction score
2023 was a bad class but I just have to note that Dallas is probably going to have 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps in week one this year.

You win some you lose some and when it comes to the draft, Dallas wins more often than other teams.

Reactions: JPM