News: PFT: 2023 draft picks Viliami Fehoko, Eric Scott among 15 Cowboy cuts

fivetwos

Reaction score
EVERY team blows picks, even the best ones.

The difference is this team refuses to use free agency to compensate, and it’s at least a large part of why they fall short in the end.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I actually liked DQ as a coach, but his tenure with the Falcons and Cowboys showed that his eye for scouting is questionable.

Atlanta drafted a whole bunch of DQ specials while he was head coach - speed rusher DEs, tweener DTs, tweener LBs, 6'2" press corners, etc - and their hit rate was terrible.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually liked DQ as a coach, but his tenure with the Falcons and Cowboys showed that his eye for scouting is questionable.

Atlanta drafted a whole bunch of DQ specials while he was head coach - speed rusher DEs, tweener DTs, tweener LBs, 6'2" press corners, etc - and their hit rate was terrible.
My belief is if you want a DT, draft a DT. Dont draft a DE with the intention of turning him into a DT.

At least not in the top 150. Those are picks you expect contributions from

starfan1

Reaction score
It is but that's going to happen. Mid rounder guys are gonna leave sooner rather than later.

They better get more out of Mazi then what they are getting or he's gonna find himself on this list and that's a hell of a hit to a draft.
and Schoon in fact pretty much the whole 2023 draft IMO. They really crapped the bed on that draft

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and Schoon in fact pretty much the whole 2023 draft IMO. They really crapped the bed on that draft
Yeah Schoon to. It was always a suspect *** draft to begin with. I felt it would be worth it if we got a interior piece in Mazi.

You have to be careful in screwing up whole drafts like this. You can miss picks but you can't keep doing it and if i'm not mistaken we've had another draft like this recently.

Creeper

Reaction score
Fehoko reminded me of Bradley Anae, only slower. I was hoping he would develop into something but maybe the skillset just isn't there.

Scott looked bad last preseason and they kept him on the roster the entire year which forced them to cut LBs they could have used.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dak, Charles Tapper, Ryan Switzer, Reggie Robinson, Jabril Cox, Josh Ball :rolleyes:
you really lose what credibility you had when you lump dak in with those other 4th rounders. Dak would be considered a successful 4th rounder. Hes not without fault but hell end up with a better career than your hero #9. They both were saddled with skelator
We've actually got some pretty good value in the 4th. Shultz, Pollard, Ferguson
Yes we have

Sully

Reaction score
Dallas fans are contimuously sold ( FOOLS GOLD ) how well their draft is. Again, showing they cut (2) players from last years draft. And wasted a pick, to move up, to get one, only to cut him the following year. Draft might be alittle better but shows you why this team can't even sniff a NFC Conference game in 30 years.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And let us not forget that the Cowboys spent a 2024 draft pick to move up to get Scott back in the 2023 draft.

:banghead:
Little surprised @ this move...thought he was starting to show....and with Bland going down....Lewis better be invincible in the slot...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Yeah Schoon to. It was always a suspect *** draft to begin with. I felt it would be worth it if we got a interior piece in Mazi.

You have to be careful in screwing up whole drafts like this. You can miss picks but you can't keep doing it and if i'm not mistaken we've had another draft like this recently.
Don't give up yet on mazi like most on here. By training camp next year it will show if he's indeed a bust or not. I think he'll be nice next year