News: PFT: After Stanford interview, Jason Garrett says he'll stay at NBC

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good move on Jason’s part, who needs a coaches 60hr workweek. Stay at NBC for nice cash and much more free time to enjoy life. Does it get any better than that?!

:hammer:

A TV gig is where it’s at. The most money for the least work. Tons of former players and coaches would be lining up for a job like that if he left. Credit to Garrett fur knowing how good he has it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:hammer:

A TV gig is where it’s at. The most money for the least work. Tons of former players and coaches would be lining up for a job like that if he left. Credit to Garrett fur knowing how good he has it.

Plus he is set for life what he got from Jerry for 10 years. Now it is easy sailing.
Just like Tony Romo, has an easy gig, not getting injured and can spend a lot of time with his family as well. No coaching hours, same for Troy.

They do put in time for travel, interviewing players and coaches, preparation for games. But not like coaching hours.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrible news, the only thing that makes Sunday nights worse than he does is Monday mornings.

Praxit

Reaction score
..better money and gets to smile more. ;)...
ScarceActualGiantschnauzer.webp

Praxit

Reaction score
Terrible news, the only thing that makes Sunday nights worse than he does is Monday mornings.
..Ha!.. I just cringe when CBS posts his Sunday Night mug. All I can think is, "Its all a process".

CoachD

Reaction score
One of the worst coaches in Cowboys history but I'll give him credit he somehow avoided being fired a lot longer than most coaches would of. As a matter of fact, even when he got fired he didn't think that he was fired as he continued to show up at the Cowboy's facilities after being terminated.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
A snippet of the interview.....

Stanford: Outline your plans to make us competitive.
Garrett: Well, it's a process.
Stanford: Can you define the meaning of process in this context?
Garrett: That's funny, no one has ever asked me that specific question before.
Stanford: We're very interested in your interpretation.
Garrett: Well, there's this Mason jar and this flea that bumps his head.
Stanford: Enjoy your trip home.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett is such a class act. Reminds me of the class this organization had in Landry era. Wish we could have found room for him in the front office . But those positions are all filled.