News: PFT: Air quality may be a problem for both Cardinals-49ers and Cowboys-Rams

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't count on it airing at the same time as MNF. Both contracts have exclusive rights and neither of them want that.

They moved a Sunday game to a Monday several years ago, may have been longer. I think because of weather, like a hurricane passing through the area. So moved it back a day for precautions. Since it was on CBS or FOX as I can't recall what teams. I think DTV NFL ST aired it, and the local teams got to show it. But it was not shown on CBS or FOX for the nation to watch.

However, I think they may make an exception with NBC or play it during the day time, since no fans as it will not disrupt the normal routine.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Whaaa??!! I had no idea it wasn't fully enclosed. So they basically built a fancy carport over a regular stadium. It makes no sense to me. It never rains it SoCal, so why build a roof at all if the stadium isn't air conditioned? Strange.

“We were trying to create an expression of Southern California,” said Lance Evans, principal with HKS Architects. “Something that would resonate with this climate and with this place.”

This is something that only Dodger Stadium — embedded into the earth, obsessed with the future and surrounded by palm trees, the landscapes of Elysian Park and, alas, a heroically scaled parking lot — has managed to accomplish in terms of local sports venues.

“It’s all about how the stadium is part of the landscape and the landscape is part of the stadium,” said Studio-MLA founder Mia Lehrer, who has designed green spaces for Dodger Stadium and for Banc of California Stadium in Exposition Park. She also is imagining the surroundings for the forthcoming Lucas Museum of Narrative Art.

In classic SoCal fashion, the stadium, its edges open to the outdoors along the sides, blurs the line between interior and exterior, inviting visitors, and views, inside. It pulls in ocean breezes through its aerodynamic shape, its permeable flanks, the lifting of its seating bowl above the ground-level concourse and massive (60 feet by 60 feet) adjustable openings in its roof that can slide like sunroofs on cars. These openings can “tune” the wind flow, according to HKS, which designed recent stadiums for the Minnesota Vikings, Indianapolis Colts and Dallas Cowboys."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-09-02/sofi-stadium-architecture-park

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A full slate of NFL football tomorrow assuming they don’t postpone the Cowboys/Rams game. The last thing I was worried about was air quality canceling a game.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only a flurry of fire tornados could stop the cowboys opening game. Dam you west coast.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Don't count on it airing at the same time as MNF. Both contracts have exclusive rights and neither of them want that.
Correct. In 2014, they played Bills Jets in Detroit before the MNF game between Philly and Carolina

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Is lower better or higher better?
Lower is better, it's gone up a little to 126.

0-50 Green/Good
51-100 Yellow/Moderate
101-150 Orange/Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups
151-200 Red/Unhealthy
201-300 Purple/Very Unhealthy
301-500 Maroon/Harzardous

Last edited:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hope the games don't get canceled!! that would suck big time even though I cant watch them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Whaaa??!! I had no idea it wasn't fully enclosed. So they basically built a fancy carport over a regular stadium. It makes no sense to me. It never rains it SoCal, so why build a roof at all if the stadium isn't air conditioned? Strange.
Yeah, and the first game ever may be moved to another venue because of the lack of foresight.