News: PFT: Anthony Hitchens gets $14 million to sign

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I’d compare Hitchens more to Carr a few years ago which we over paid because we needed a Corner.

I’d assume letting Hitchens walk we don’t need a LB. it’s a position we’re fat on? Or we have a plan to replace him?
SAM- DWilson
MIKE- JSmith
WILL- SLee

Draft 2 LBs and sign a cheap vet like Cushing or DJohnson or one of the Browns or Bostic

Kaiser

Reaction score
I do believe a LB will be drafted maybe 2 remember Hitch and Wilson were both 4th rounders so I do believe they can find replacements in the draft and UDFA

And the biggest improvement at LB could/should come from Lee being healthy and Jaylon improving as his health improves. Its not hard to all picturing that happening and the position having quality depth when we add a 2nd/3rd round pick, a Justin Durant type of FA veteran and a later round pick to take Wilbur's spot backing up the SAM position.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Smith is going to SAM if you believe Garrett.
Same plan

Draft a LB early and a LB late and sign a vet..... DWilson could fill in at 2 down MIKE

Re-up Wilbur and let March and TJohnson compete for depth

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Same plan

Draft a LB early and a LB late and sign a vet..... DWilson could fill in at 2 down MIKE

Re-up Wilbur and let March and TJohnson compete for depth

Not a fan of Wilbur. He just doesn't offer much in helping our standard defense or atleast they are unwilling to let him. Same with Lillard, thought maybe he could atleast help in certain packages.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Was thinking the exact same thing, they will realize he’s no where near what they will have to pay him by 2020 and dump him.
A lot of these FA are getting crazy money. No where near what they are worth. Guessing they are front end loading these contracts to pay the guaranteed in the first few years. I was hearing someone today saying that the contracts would be getting much smaller in the future and be all guarenteed money.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Pretty much. The majority of the contracts extended in free agency are set up like that.
And that would be stupid. They'd be on the hook for 3 years of signing bonus. Almost 10 mill in dead money.

I have no idea what KC is thinking. He is an average, run of the mill middle linebacker.

Bad contract.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not a fan of Wilbur. He just doesn't offer much in helping our standard defense or atleast they are unwilling to let him. Same with Lillard, thought maybe he could atleast help in certain packages.
Wilbur is a ST ace and good depth....costs less than 1m
Same with Lillard and others...... just keep churning

Splash comes in the Draft I hope