News: PFT: Asked about McCarthy's future, Jerry says, "We'll see how each game goes" in postseason

RS12

Reaction score
Jerry playing it cool for once. Maybe he knows something we dont for once, besides time is getting short for him.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The media likes to snippet longer quotes into contextual click-bait-friendly quick hit quotes so not surprised that's the angle the article is pushing.

That said, Jerry's inclusion of, "and thanks to some really outstanding football players around here" seems like a subtle message plant to justify changes should the post-season go badly.
Yep.

It's how old Jethro works.

In Monday Media thread I posted, Jerry being torn up for these comments.

Can't help himself. The old coach underminer back in action.

Like Shannon Sharpe's interpretation of it: "Back your coach, play hard for him, unless he loses. Then I will fire his butt."

plymkr

Reaction score
I think people underrate this aspect of Jerry. I think his interviews are more calculated than people give him credit for. It sounds like he’s babbling but I think there’s a method to this madness.
I think you’re right. I think Jerry uses these cute little phrases and winks and other body language techniques to throw people off. In actuality he doesn’t play his hand too much and he says a lot of words without saying anything. Then when asked to clarify he just restates his long winded answer that doesn’t answer anything.

I think this is a skill he’s developed as opposed to dementia.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you’re right. I think Jerry uses these cute little phrases and winks and other body language techniques to throw people off. In actuality he doesn’t play his hand too much and he says a lot of words without saying anything. Then when asked to clarify he just restates his long winded answer that doesn’t answer anything.

I think this is a skill he’s developed as opposed to dementia.
Yep. The king of saying nothing. I noticed at times he has a tendency to take pressure off the team and take the bullets.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Peter King........

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...dan-love-nfl-playoffs-peter-king-fmia-week-18

10 Things I Think I Think
1. I think Miami has some work to do, regardless of what happens this weekend at Kansas City. The Dolphins are owned by Buffalo, and they were 1-5 against playoff teams. Flaws showed when Tyreek Hill was out. Crazy as it sounds, I’d aim for one more speed receiver in the draft if I were GM Chris Grier. Speed is what separates this offense.

2. I think one statement surprised me in post-week-18 football. It was this from Jerry Jones, asked about the future of head coach Mike McCarthy. “We’ll see how each game goes in the playoffs,” Jones said. When I read that, my first thought was that Jones wants insurance in case Dallas has an embarrassing end to its season. Second thought: Jones wants a shot at Bill Belichick.
I can understand that train of thought. But our team is humming on all sides of the ball. Overall very good coaching staff. No malcontent in the locker room. You can't underestimate the rapport that Big Mike has with the players as well as the coaches. As posted already this may be more about extending him with one year left on his contract whether that is worth doing now based on positive post season results. Belichik doesn't walk on water anymore since he doesn't have a yesteryear Tom Brady floatation boots.