News: PFT: Asked about McCarthy's future, Jerry says, "We'll see how each game goes" in postseason

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t see any way you fire a coach with 3 straight 12 win seasons unless he has indicated he doesn’t want to coach much longer and you can’t keep Quinn around long enough to replace him. If they don’t have playoff success this year, then Jerry needs the full court press to keep Quinn and sit both down and say tell me what you need. Then go out and sign the guys and make the deals to give it to them. They are one or two moves and one less injury away from maybe being the clear favorite. Can’t do anything about the injury but you sure could have made those moves to bolster the team.

CCBoy

Reaction score
McCarthy has given us winning seasons each of the last 3 years, and the team gets better and better under him in the environment under Jerry, which we know can be bad. why would we replace that?

in fact I'd be willing to say that with Dak's growth this year and having our starting LB's and CB to bolster the Defense, we would be favorites to win it all.
Don't start chunking turds at Jerry now as well. He has invested heavily in post season analysis and reports of survey as to player and team strengths. Oh, his organization is top shelf as well. The only real hindrance here and now is that this still is professional football and game by game as to all outcomes. Very close to leadership manageable, but a lot of principals to keep at the top of a heap with team productions.

He has invested heavily in after action analysis and scouting player strengths. There also is a current handle on cap flow and top league players now as well.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The post season is why Garret was fired and Mike was hired.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don’t see any way you fire a coach with 3 straight 12 win seasons unless he has indicated he doesn’t want to coach much longer and you can’t keep Quinn around long enough to replace him. If they don’t have playoff success this year, then Jerry needs the full court press to keep Quinn and sit both down and say tell me what you need. Then go out and sign the guys and make the deals to give it to them. They are one or two moves and one less injury away from maybe being the clear favorite. Can’t do anything about the injury but you sure could have made those moves to bolster the team.
If we lose, he’s gonna get fired.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Don't piss on a parade...just shut up!

Ron Rivera was just fired...get some dignity in YOUR words. Chump.
look into those angry words buddy, uncalled for harrassment on this site which seems easy for you to do sitting behind a keyboard isn't it? About ttime he Mods need to sit you down, and put you in a timeout for this type of behaviour

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Now that I see the full quote I get the full context of what Jerry was saying. It's more nuanced than the quick headline grabbing sentence.
Same reaction for me. It doesn’t seem at all that Jerry is lukewarm on McCarthy. But, understandably, he isn’t getting ahead of himself by guaranteeing anything.

To me, the only thing that couldn’t result in his dismissal would be a complete belly-flop in wild-card weekend.

erod

Reaction score
Things working against McCarthy...

It took CeeDee to beg him to throw him the ball for the passing game to open up.

Some questionable time management issues.

The brutally ugly losses against San Fran and Buffalo.

Jerry's love for Quinn.

He has to get to the NFC Championship. If not, he's gone.

mardwin

Reaction score
Where was this energy from Jerry when Jason Garrett was the HC/OC?

Aven8

Reaction score
Did anyone inform Jerry that Stephen runs this team?

Jerry was torn on still letting go of JG hence “why he still had an office in the building”, and Stephen sold him on Mike.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dear Leader, this is ground-breaking. In the past, Jerald would say "We always evaluate after the season."

Or, me lord, could this be a motivation tactic to exort Fat Mac?

Meanwhile I see the hoodie-shrouded Belichick as maybe on Jerald's radar.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Peter King........

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...dan-love-nfl-playoffs-peter-king-fmia-week-18

10 Things I Think I Think
1. I think Miami has some work to do, regardless of what happens this weekend at Kansas City. The Dolphins are owned by Buffalo, and they were 1-5 against playoff teams. Flaws showed when Tyreek Hill was out. Crazy as it sounds, I’d aim for one more speed receiver in the draft if I were GM Chris Grier. Speed is what separates this offense.

2. I think one statement surprised me in post-week-18 football. It was this from Jerry Jones, asked about the future of head coach Mike McCarthy. “We’ll see how each game goes in the playoffs,” Jones said. When I read that, my first thought was that Jones wants insurance in case Dallas has an embarrassing end to its season. Second thought: Jones wants a shot at Bill Belichick.
Nah, he wants Dan Quinn.

vlad

Reaction score
Coach Mike needs to dye his hair red...stat!

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fan food. Signaling to the masses that he needs results while knowing and already stating he’s good with coach Mac.