News: PFT: Could Jerry Jones be plotting an upgrade over Mike McCarthy?

Trajan

Reaction score
You're probably right but Jerry can easily shut the rumor down releasing a one sentence statement to the media. He hasn't....wonder why.

Jerry loves attention. Jerry loves being in the spotlight, good or bad or chaotic news. His team failed yet again, kicked to the curb in the first round of the playoffs, A coaching controversy brings attention to the team, if Jerry actually was clear and articulate, what would the sports reporters have to focus on, other then the fact the team Jerry built isn't very good, again?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Zero percent chance MM is fired imo. If we miss the playoffs next season or lose a first round home game, he’s gone 100%.
What if he starts like 2-6?

Think 2010.

With a worse roster and first place schedule, that's my prediction.

Then next January he can grab headlines with the HC vacancy.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
As fans, our only hope is that Jerry recognizes he like doesn’t have too many years left on this earth so he can’t wait around to see if something will work out if he doesn’t have full confidence in it.

Yes, to be clear, I think we should rid ourselves of McCarthy. He’s a dead end and a charlatan.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score

Think 2010.

Very possible but I think we’ll win the East again next year.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
You're probably right but Jerry can easily shut the rumor down releasing a one sentence statement to the media. He hasn't....wonder why.
This is Jerry Identifying with the pain of the fan base.
But if history is any indicator ,not much of anything concrete will change.

Majic

Reaction score
If Jerry is planning an upgrade his shortlist will be very.....short.

He is not interested in hiring most coaches. There will only be a few names in his book. He would love Payton though and give up a great deal to get Belichick

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clickbait by Florio.

So here’s the bottom line. Just because Jones hasn’t fired McCarthy doesn’t mean Jones won’t. It definitely doesn’t mean Jones isn’t thinking about it. From Jones’s perspective, McCarthy getting fired wouldn’t be the beginning of the process, but something far closer to the beginning of the end.

None of this means McCarthy is out or will be out. It’s just a recognition of the reality that Jones wouldn’t part ways with McCarthy unless Jones knows he’ll end up with a significant upgrade. The question is whether he’s looking for that upgrade.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Think 2010.

We all know what happened in 2010. Jerry's pet cat OC went from interim HC to ten-year head coach.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't know who says nothing with more words...jerry or florio.

offlimits

Reaction score
Zero percent chance MM is fired imo. If we miss the playoffs next season or lose a first round home game, he’s gone 100%.

Completely agree. Big Mike will get one more year but if we screw the pooch again or even fail to make the playoffs in this putrid division... he's fired.