PFT - Cowboys aren’t going to let Ezekiel Elliott’s holdout force their hand

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dare we be that optimistic?
:omg:

But one thing I will say, if they wanted to put any sort of a scare in Elliott's camp, signing a young, hungry back like Jay Ajayi would have done a better job of it than signing "team friend" Alfred Morris.

Signing Morris was a meaningless gesture taking snaps from younger players we need to see. I've come to hate it.

Morris is an unserious replacement, even temporarily. It's just a couple of steps up from when we signed Kitna out of retirement in terms of remaining talent, though in contract, the Kitna signing actually made sense given the limited time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After missing two games, both of which the Cowboys lost, Smith finally agreed to the Cowboys’ deal on the table. The four-year, $13 million contract made him the highest-paid at his position at the time, but it was not as much as he wanted.​

That's a different spin that I recall. I remember it as Jerry caving.

What say you other old geezers? How do you remember Emmitt's holdout playing out?

It seems like a bit of revision to me as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Signing Morris was a meaningless gesture taking snaps from younger players we need to see. I've come to hate it.

Morris is an unserious replacement, even temporarily. It's just a couple of steps up from when we signed Kitna out of retirement in terms of remaining talent, though in contract, the Kitna signing actually made sense given the limited time.

Certainly no threat to Elliott's role as lead dog of the sled team.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Feels like this entire article was written around the report they signed Alfred Morris. Not a whole lot of ‘insider information’ in it otherwise.
Who has inside information we're just trying to Hash it out waiting for football. Nothing else nothing

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It’s a bad thing to me because the player is trying to force the team to give him a new contract early. Before he honored his signed deal.

Look, I already knew he wasn’t gonna play or was going to throw a fit over the 5th year option. And no way he plays under the tag. But trying to work out a deal with a player in the 3rd year of there rookie deal is up to the team not the player. If Elliot or his agent wanted to ask if they could start negotiations then fine. But this sitting out is a bad example. I haven’t heard of another player sitting out in his 3rd year of a rookie deal before.

well said. Going to Cabo is terrible optics as well. Does this look like the leader of the team or one of the team Captains?

Teams don't honor contracts when it suits them so I'm not going to hold a player to a higher standard. As for Cabo, if he stays in the Metroplex he'll have media every where he goes so I understand getting away from there. I don't care if he's in Cabo or Canada as long as his agent is working to resolve the issue.

I will say it does seem a year too soon. Stephen didn't help matters with his unnecessary comments about "Gurley money" but I didn't expect this would be the year of an impasse. It is what it is. I hope it's resolved, one way or another, and doesn't linger into the season. Nothing good would come from that.