PFT: Cowboys could pounce on Manziel

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but the illogical move is the 100 million dollar extension, not the drafting of a possible franchise QB.

But that is like closing the barn door once the horse gets out..............too late.

The extension was given, so nothing can be done at this point regardless of if it was a good move or not.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah, when Jerry gave that 100 mil to Romo (which is not really 100 mill but posters like to use that figure), he knew Romo would get injured in the last game of the season. smh

Still is beside the point. The NFL does not let you have a do over. We have to account for his contract regardless.

Also, who has said Romo cant play with his back? All indications are that he is ready to go when the season starts.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Still is beside the point. The NFL does not let you have a do over. We have to account for his contract regardless.

Also, who has said Romo cant play with his back? All indications are that he is ready to go when the season starts.

I'm a Romo fan as most know, but I do have doubts about his health, durability and his age. And I only brought up the "100 million" crap because his haters use that as a tool to make his extension worse than what it is. It's ammo for them. It makes Romo look worse than what it is.

Pabst

Reaction score
I do think there is the possibility, but only in a very specific circumstance. Basically, if all the high rated defensive linemen and offensive linemen are gone, and no one is willing to trade up to Dallas' position, there might be a reason to go that direction.

I do think that's a worst case scenario deal, however.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Honestly- if he was there at 16 and Our Dallas Cowboys were to pick him:

I'm not going to freak out.
There's the rest of the draft and it's infinite possibilities to ponder and Maybe- Just Maybe...

JBF can be the guy some posters think he can be.
I won't complain...

Agreed, I would not complain.

Dallas needs a great draft to be better than 8-8, even with Romo at full strength. I can easily see the Cowboys being in transition in 2014 so, if JM is picked, the QB position (at least) should be set for years as the Cowboys build.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If the Cowboys got him, what good would it do? We could have Payton Manning next year but if the defense cannot make the other team punt, or the defense can't let a team get 40 first downs, what the hell is Manziel going to do?

Peyton Manning. Good defense or not. Once his offense "house of cards" starts falling he CANNOT regroup and get it going again.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Peyton Manning. Good defense or not. Once his offense "house of cards" starts falling he CANNOT regroup and get it going again.

No QB can when their "house of cards" starts falling. And that is what some posters just WILL NOT take into account that football is a team game, not a one man show.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
If he falls to 16 the Cowboys need to take him. But, to go get him just for the sake of publicity is not right.

I'm not inside of Jerry's mind, but I'd be willing to bet that would be the deciding factor to bring him here-- because it's a tough call. Build talent in other areas to help give Romo one more shot, or take that first step toward a Cowboys team without Romo? Tough call until you remember that he'd bring a lot of publicity, buzz, merch sales along with him.

That said, I agree with you. If he falls to 16, you can't not take him. Unless you're able to get a two more high picks in return.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think other QBs can recompose themselves thereby getting offense back on track. Peyton didn't, couldn't on Super Bowl.

Put him on this team and he has worse record that Romo.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I think other QBs can recompose themselves thereby getting offense back on track. Peyton didn't, couldn't on Super Bowl.

Put him on this team and he has worse record that Romo.

So, if you think other QB's can get back on track, but the great Payton Manning could not do it on a SB team, what QB could? I just don't follow your logic or lack of it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
So, if you think other QB's can get back on track, but the great Payton Manning could not do it on a SB team, what QB could? I just don't follow your logic or lack of it.

Dude come on.... Didn't we see Russell Wilson fumble the snap on first play of NFC title game vs niners?
At home, house of cards crumbling out of game, big rivalry vs niners, etc.

Just cause you post "lack of logic" doesn't make it so. Doesn't mKe it anything more than your opinion vs mine. All good 5.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dude come on.... Didn't we see Russell Wilson fumble the snap on first play of NFC title game vs niners?
At home, house of cards crumbling out of game, big rivalry vs niners, etc.

Just cause you post "lack of logic" doesn't make it so. Doesn't mKe it anything more than your opinion vs mine. All good 5.

My definition of "house of cards crumbling" is what the Cowboys are. They have no defense and Russell Wilson would not have done anything with the Cowboys or any other starting QB in today's NFL. Maybe some other QB's could have gotten this team to 8-8, but so did Romo.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Teams are lining up to trade for Romo's contract and back probs. lol.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No QB can when their "house of cards" starts falling. And that is what some posters just WILL NOT take into account that football is a team game, not a one man show.

The simplest, most difficult concept for a fan to grasp.
Good luck trying to convince anybody with that most compelling, yet unconvincing argument.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I agree. It would give me more hope for this team than I have had in years. I don't know is drafting him would result in more wins, but I do know that I would be entertained.
No argument. My eyes will be glued, for sure.