RELEASED PFT: Cowboys cut Devin Smith

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys cut Devin Smith - ProFootballTalk

GettyImages-1176686059-e1599065451696.jpg

Devin Smith's NFL career has taken another stumble. Smith is being released by the Cowboys, according to Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. It was always going to be an uphill battle for Smith to make the Cowboys' roster. Wide receiver is a loaded position in Dallas, and Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb, [more]

Read Full Story

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I hate it for Devin. Seems like a good guy that had a bit of bad luck.

However, this is good news for the team because it shows just how deep WR is In Dallas.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cowboys cut Devin Smith - ProFootballTalk

GettyImages-1176686059-e1599065451696.jpg

Devin Smith's NFL career has taken another stumble. Smith is being released by the Cowboys, according to Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. It was always going to be an uphill battle for Smith to make the Cowboys' roster. Wide receiver is a loaded position in Dallas, and Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb, [more]

Read Full Story
What did he do last year? Nada. Good luck DS. Hope you qualify for the NFL pension.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol @ those bummed at Devin Smith being cut.

He can't play special teams.

He's older (28) in today's younger group of players.

He can only run 2 or 3 routes, mostly going deep.

Career backup.

The slower Ventell Bryant has more upside simply because he can run more routes, is taller/longer, adequate speed and especially is a key special teams player (gunner). If Cowboys keep 6 WRs, Ventell Bryant will be the one.

Adios, Devin Smith. Good luck trying to land on another team. Might be time to retire.

Swagger

Reaction score
lol @ those bummed at Devin Smith being cut.

He can't play special teams.

He's older (28) in today's younger group of players.

He can only run 2 or 3 routes, mostly going deep.

Career backup.

The slower Ventell Bryant has more upside simply because he can run more routes, is taller/longer, adequate speed and especially is a key special teams player (gunner). If Cowboys keep 6 WRs, Ventell Bryant will be the one.

Adios, Devin Smith. Good luck trying to land on another team. Might be time to retire.
True story.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
All NFL players were really good players in college & past reputation can carry a player only so far. Many #1 draft picks have gotten a rude awakening & failed in the NFL.

Techsass

Reaction score
For some reason I thought he had a few moments last year. I can't really remember anything he did, but I think that's more on me than him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Roy is going to be so upset that Devin the big time playmaker Smith didn't make the team........ didn't even make it to Saturday.

Hate to say it but I told you so