PFT: Cowboys have Lowest Week 1 Local Ratings in 9 Years

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
and keep pretending I give a dam about your observations

I have to repeat myself because you fan boys can't handle the truth

the facts are the ratings are down for the 3rd straight year
And yet you get your feelings hurt when I call you a liar... but won't stop willfully lying.
Ratings were UP Sunday for BOTH 3 PM Game slots and the Noon game.

They were DOWN for Thursday, Sunday Night and Monday games. So the auxiliary overload games were down but the transitional window was actually up. It was a mixed bad overall. 2 NFL games on a Monday night is going to reduce ratings. Thursday plus Sunday nights? Reduced ratings. But they draw plenty of eyeballs just the same.

And the NFL's pockets keep getting fatter while your feelings keep getting hurt.

The top 5 televised programs for the week were NFL games.
Only a complete goofball would try to characterize that as a negative.

Zordon

Reaction score
I predicted this on here many years ago. The DFW metroplex (and all its transplants) is not in love with this franchise anymore.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Streamers risk losing coverage and buffering connection.

Let me ask you how you’d stream 5 games at once?

Are streamers only watching one game at a time? Lol
Actually quite a bit easier to steam multiple games than watch them via cable.
Ipad in lap, TV with Roku Stick makes for a very easy 2 game set up that I use frequently for various sports.

I have DirecTV so watch the Cowboys that way unless I have to work, then I stream it from the PC next to me with a monitor that's worth more than my untra 4K TV.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually quite a bit easier to steam multiple games than watch them via cable.
Ipad in lap, TV with Roku Stick makes for a very easy 2 game set up that I use frequently for various sports.

I have DirecTV so watch the Cowboys that way unless I have to work, then I stream it from the PC next to me with a monitor that's worth more than my untra 4K TV.
I understand but if I have 5 TV’s going with 5 different games would I need 5 different laptops?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
How did the ratings compare with the TNF game, early game and Sunday night? Was it just the Cowboys game or all NFL games?

If this is fact, consider that two of the stars are gone and Dallas is a stars market. Witten was probably the most liked Cowboy and Dez the most mercurial, must watch TV.

If the rest of the country is down, why wouldn't Dallas be down as well? And the Fox affiliate still had the number 1 show of the time period and probably the week.

Be interesting to see this Sunday night's game numbers and if that's a trend. Didn't help only scoring 8 when most fans want some TD's but if they play well, have no reason not to expect a ratings rebound. Just a theory I have, based on some passive research, but the Cowboys have more fans of just the Cowboys than the NFL of all the teams.
Just read a tweet in another thread and the Cowboys/Panthers game was the highest rated show of the week, beating out all the other NFL games including SNF and TNF. NFL had the top 5 shows

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I understand but if I have 5 TV’s going with 5 different games would I need 5 different laptops?
No. A PC can open separate windows unlike a TV. So you could fairly easily watch multiple games with one PC or per device.
The limiting factor would the bandwidth you purchase but many places have very good internet now and the 3 under 30s in this house stream everything they watch.
Sling TV and Ipad have saved me many a time when I was stuck at a kids game or practice.

I stream a ton of stuff because Netlfix, Hulu and Amazon have great series.
I basically have every TV service and DirecTV because it's not that big of a deal to me with the number of people here using it for entertainment but I stream things I could watch via Satellite for sure.
The biggest thing for me is DVR because I am too lazy to set up my HTPC to download episodes of shows.
But that's become less and less an issue.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. A PC can open separate windows unlike a TV. So you could fairly easily watch multiple games with one PC or per device.
The limiting factor would the bandwidth you purchase but many places have very good internet now and the 3 under 30s in this house stream everything they watch.
Sling TV and Ipad have saved me many a time when I was stuck at a kids game or practice.

I stream a ton of stuff because Netlfix, Hulu and Amazon have great series.
I basically have every TV service and DirecTV because it's not that big of a deal to me with the number of people here using it for entertainment but I stream things I could watch via Satellite for sure.
The biggest thing for me is DVR because I am too lazy to set up my HTPC to download episodes of shows.
But that's become less and less an issue.
Ok.. so how do I hook up my pc to 5 different TV’s?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
they may have they may have been the game of the week... Nationally... But we didn't get it here in Idaho. That should tell you a lot considering how many Boise state players we have on our team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Just read a tweet in another thread and the Cowboys/Panthers game was the highest rated show of the week, beating out all the other NFL games including SNF and TNF. NFL had the top 5 shows
this!! entire thread is based on a poor assumption.
DAL/CAR was THE MOST WATCHED SHOW of the entire week.
NFL had a clean sweep of top 5 shows.

Where exactly would you want to advertise?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
they may have they may have been the game of the week... Nationally... But we didn't get it here in Idaho. That should tell you a lot considering how many Boise state players we have on our team.
80% of the nation got it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And yet you get your feelings hurt when I call you a liar... but won't stop willfully lying.
Ratings were UP Sunday for BOTH 3 PM Game slots and the Noon game.

They were DOWN for Thursday, Sunday Night and Monday games. So the auxiliary overload games were down but the transitional window was actually up. It was a mixed bad overall. 2 NFL games on a Monday night is going to reduce ratings. Thursday plus Sunday nights? Reduced ratings. But they draw plenty of eyeballs just the same.

And the NFL's pockets keep getting fatter while your feelings keep getting hurt.

The top 5 televised programs for the week were NFL games.
Only a complete goofball would try to characterize that as a negative.
So all the games were down except Sunday afternoon and DAL was even down in DAL
Thurs, Sun Night, Monday Night early and late were all down.......

and there just happened to be a Cat 5 hurricane hitting FLA last year on Sunday but facts don't matter to you

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There's no real reason to fan boy on behalf of the NFL but there's apparently a reason to need to do the opposite on your part. You literally will poke your head into any thread that speaks about ratings to try to promote your DOOM! theory and try to undercut anything that doesn't support your case. There's no real reason to do that other than some need like I mentioned. And when someone has an agenda they need to push they will twist anything they can find for "support" like is commonplace nowadays. Those "bogus" numbers I pulled would have been gospel had all slots been down. I knew when I didn't see a thread in the NFL Zone about falling ratings for the complete week that it must have meant that some slots were up and I was right. But yes, go on pretending you're just making observations while you show up in every single thread about ratings with your stance. No agenda there at all. Oh, heaven's no, lol.
It isn't just me...... Bloomberg is calling it an existential crisis

https://www.bloombergquint.com/busi...ey-than-ever-and-things-have-never-been-worse