News: PFT: Cowboys rookie Mike Weber out with knee injury, no surgery for now

DandyDon52

Reaction score
no worries, the jones boys are on the job!!
I can hear their awesome brains working on this now.....rattle clunk clang Ding! rattle clunk clang Ding!:grin:

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So. Is he out for the year or what?
If Garrett utters the words “..it’s something we’ll have to monitor week by week”, then we might as well break out the bone-saw, cause that’s the kiss of death.

Rayman70

Reaction score
its MAY guys. No surgery likely means he will be ready in Camp when it starts in August. As a late rd.draftee he will get a chance to stick. If he isn't healthy he may stick on the PS.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why would we want to stash a kid that they were clearly counting on to be a backup RB to Zeke?

If the kid needs surgery, he should have it now. Stashing might make sense if he was a long term project but right now, we have Elliott as the starter and pretty much nothing else.

I agree that he should get the surgery if he needs it. I'm just not sure if we will have room. He's an example of why the NFL should expand the rosters to 65 players imo.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer
Rookie running back Mike Weber will not have surgery at this time on a sore right knee that required an MRI after the Cowboys' rookie minicamp over the weekend. The hope is rest and rehab will help but there is a possibility of needing a scope in the future if things do not improve. Weber left the Saturday morning practice early and watched the final workout that was open to the media in the afternoon.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer
Rookie running back Mike Weber will not have surgery at this time on a sore right knee that required an MRI after the Cowboys' rookie minicamp over the weekend. The hope is rest and rehab will help but there is a possibility of needing a scope in the future if things do not improve. Weber left the Saturday morning practice early and watched the final workout that was open to the media in the afternoon.
NOT EVEN A STORY HERE.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So, how is Mike Weber doing?

On Tuesday night, we bumped into him at the Cowboys HR Derby. As you can see in my video, he's walking fine, without the use of even a sleeve on the knee. ...

And then, during the Derby, Weber wore his No. 40 in the outfield, shagging flies off the bats of the Cowboys vets. Oh, I'm also told that on Wednesday, he was on the field with the rest of the Cowboys -- some vets, some rookies -- engaging in a "normal'' on-field workout here in Frisco ... the place from which to best get your Cowboys information.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So, how is Mike Weber doing?

On Tuesday night, we bumped into him at the Cowboys HR Derby. As you can see in my video, he's walking fine, without the use of even a sleeve on the knee. ...

And then, during the Derby, Weber wore his No. 40 in the outfield, shagging flies off the bats of the Cowboys vets. Oh, I'm also told that on Wednesday, he was on the field with the rest of the Cowboys -- some vets, some rookies -- engaging in a "normal'' on-field workout here in Frisco ... the place from which to best get your Cowboys information.

nother words... nothing to see here. He's fine you all.

Rayman70

Reaction score
you can certainly tell its May when we are mashing teeth and carrying on about UDFA and the status of a lowly 7th round pick lol. No disrespect meant toward Webber...but he needs a lot to happen just to make the PS.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I tend to live on this board at times...but the reality is, this is what keeps us going as fans...all the needless chatter and banter ...lol...Plus the fact is, its May...nothing really matters all that much this time of year . Im ready for football already honestly, but the whole life thing creeps up lol...My health been better in my younger days, so thank GOD for this message board..it offers up a glimmer of hope.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I tend to live on this board at times...but the reality is, this is what keeps us going as fans...all the needless chatter and banter ...lol...Plus the fact is, its May...nothing really matters all that much this time of year . Im ready for football already honestly, but the whole life thing creeps up lol...My health been better in my younger days, so thank GOD for this message board..it offers up a glimmer of hope.
Never noticed you...
Ha!
Glad you're here my good friend. I look forward to seeing you every day.
The days you are no longer posting...
I'll start bugging @Idgit
You have all his sensitive information! Get him on the horn!
I need to talk to Rayman!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You hang in there brother, my younger days are good memories as well, but I wake up everyday and try to work harder than the the last day, that's what keeps us elders kicking it still.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Never noticed you...
Ha!
Glad you're here my good friend. I look forward to seeing you every day.
The days you are no longer posting...
I'll start bugging @Idgit
You have all his sensitive information! Get him on the horn!
I need to talk to Rayman!
sounds good my friend.