News: PFT: Cowboys rookie Mike Weber out with knee injury, no surgery for now

Rayman70

Reaction score
You hang in there brother, my younger days are good memories as well, but I wake up everyday and try to work harder than the the last day, that's what keeps us elders kicking it still.
yup ..and that's so true.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yup ..and that's so true.
My back hurts like nobody's business, and I just dug up damn near 50 feet trench to replace some pipe, couldn't recruit and pay for kids half my age in the area, so I did it myself.
Not trying to glorify here, just relate,,, I know in my soul that our young Mike Webber, he has that bull type mentality.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You hang in there brother, my younger days are good memories as well, but I wake up everyday and try to work harder than the the last day, that's what keeps us elders kicking it still.
You kidding me?
I try to work less every day!
I just can't help doing what I'm trying to do less though...

Darn passions...

And I'm not old yet!

It was funny: the other week we're going through this writer/agent garbage and all these Film Fest contests are going up and a category was literally "Writer Over 40".
Like whaaa???

My age is a category now? Not my talent... Not my story... It's my age?

Sweet!
Where's my check?

Rayman70

Reaction score
My back hurts like nobody's business, and I just dug up damn near 50 feet trench to replace some pipe, couldn't recruit and pay for kids half my age in the area, so I did it myself.
Not trying to glorify here, just relate,,, I know in my soul that our young Mike Webber, he has that bull type mentality.
Yup...Have a Neck Fusion with a titanium plate , PINCHED NERVES LOW BACK ...and now half blind lol...But hey...I am like you...I see something that has to be done and cant get help to do it, I AM DOING IT, PERIOD. Now I pay for it for about a week later lol..sore...numbness in my extremities and such..but hey...a job well done is worth it. Im very hands on anyway.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yup...Have a Neck Fusion with a titanium plate , PINCHED NERVES LOW BACK ...and now half blind lol...But hey...I am like you...I see something that has to be done and cant get help to do it, I AM DOING IT, PERIOD. Now I pay for it for about a week later lol..sore...numbness in my extremities and such..but hey...a job well done is worth it. Im very hands on anyway.
Roll with the punches.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Roll with the punches.
exactly...That's how I learned to adapt over the last few years. One day at a time is so true. My mind is willing as they say, but the ole body , NOT SO MUCH...but this old bull is still tough as shoe leather, enough to muddle through it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You kidding me?
I try to work less every day!
I just can't help doing what I'm trying to do less though...

Darn passions...

And I'm not old yet!

It was funny: the other week we're going through this writer/agent garbage and all these Film Fest contests are going up and a category was literally "Writer Over 40".
Like whaaa???

My age is a category now? Not my talent... Not my story... It's my age?

Sweet!
Where's my check?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I had to patch my roof about 2 weeks ago because my son is going off to boot camp and I didn't wanna risk him having a mishap. That would be very bad for him. So me being hard headed, I patched it.Took about 2 hours...but let me tell ya, it didn't leak. lol...but boy howdy, I couldn't hardly move from my easy chair for a few days without some help lol. The wife was ready to kill me because Im not really in the best shape to be doing that sort of stuff.

Rayman70

Reaction score
wonder if me calling myself an old fart will be censored? hmm..lets see

Rayman70

Reaction score
Like my dad always said,and its still true, its not the age, its the actual mileage that matters. Never a more true statement.

Rayman70

Reaction score
but back to weber, I think IF this kid can get a few chances with the first team oline in camp, he may have a shot to stay on the PS or even the 53. He will need to be effective and durable in camp for that to happen.