Signed by Cowboys PFT: Cowboys sign OL Cohl Cabral, waives/injured DE Shaka Toney

_sturt_

Reaction score
So, Cohl Cabral was the Birmingham Stallions starting C during the 2023 season. At Arizona State, he started out as a left tackle, but by his junior year, they'd decided he definitely needed to move inside. Here's that story... https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/11...e-five-stages-of-cohl-cabrals-asu-transition/

Given that you've now lost two tackles in the space of 4 days, I suppose there's some inclination to spin the roulette wheel and just see what happens with one of the roster slots.

Hopefully, the other slot will be filled by a more conventional free agent.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why does Wil McClay even bother anymore? He clearly can't bring anyone in that is going to stick on this roster....
Will's job has to be easy. No reason to even evaluate legit FA's, we will never sign one any way.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So, Cohl Cabral was the Birmingham Stallions starting C during the 2023 season. At Arizona State, he started out as a left tackle, but by his junior year, they'd decided he definitely needed to move inside. Here's that story... https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/11...e-five-stages-of-cohl-cabrals-asu-transition/

Given that you've now lost two tackles in the space of 4 days, I suppose there's some inclination to spin the roulette wheel and just see what happens with one of the roster slots.

Hopefully, the other slot will be filled by a more conventional free agent.
Had a feeling they were gonna bring in a center....think Beebe goes to left guard....Richards back to left tackle....their natural positions. Think that was the right move.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Had a feeling they were gonna bring in a center....think Beebe goes to left guard....Richards back to left tackle....their natural positions. Think that was the right move.
Or maybe he's a camp body who can play multiple positions so we can field a full third string.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or maybe he's a camp body who can play multiple positions so we can field a full third string.
Probably more OG/OT

They got BeeBee, Hoffman and Shepley at OC right now.

This guy was brought in to replace Bostic who got hurt.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
One guy that can't play hurt and you bring in another guy that can't play. I don't think either one of them has ever played in an actual NFL game but the new guy has been around longer and with several teams. I don't see an upgrade or a downgrade, just one body replacing a body.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sounds like more than a camp body. With Chuma and Bostic going down(don’t know the severity of Bostics injury) they need some depth. The deeper into training camp, the less number of these NFL fringe players will be left. I like it just for the fact that they are actively making moves to address perceived weaknesses. Hopefully, he’ll never have to play in a regular season game But if he does, at least he has some experience. Bee Bee, Guyton and Tyler can block 8 guys all by themselves. :grin:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like more than a camp body. With Chuma and Bostic going down(don’t know the severity of Bostics injury) they need some depth. The deeper into training camp, the less number of these NFL fringe players will be left. I like it just for the fact that they are actively making moves to address perceived weaknesses. Hopefully, he’ll never have to play in a regular season game But if he does, at least he has some experience. Bee Bee, Guyton and Tyler can block 8 guys all by themselves. :grin:
Most likely keeps the door open for Waletzgo or Ball to be kept.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Edoga will be back. We should be fine with him backing up Guyton and one of the others backing up Steele. Plus we have Tyler's ability to move out to OT.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bebee isn't going anywhere. Why would he go to LG? Tyler is there.

Also Cabral is a OG/OT guy not C.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Edoga will be back. We should be fine with him backing up Guyton and one of the others backing up Steele. Plus we have Tyler's ability to move out to OT.
anyone that thinks we would be fine with Edoga in the lineup is smoking some serious stuff

gtb1943

Reaction score
why does it need to be an upgrade as long as he's as good as a Edoga and gives bit more experience than Ball, wally or Richards's at swing.im all for it..
"why does it need to be an upgrade"
do you EVER read what you post?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you're trying to be another Risen, you are failing miserably. And no, Micah won't be burned out by week 4. :facepalm:
Jebus you're so upset with me that you brought another comment into a different post, this has nothing to do with Micah and the comment I made about him in ANOTHER thread lol this is about an OL sheesh (failed mission!)