Signed by Cowboys PFT: Cowboys sign OL Cohl Cabral, waives/injured DE Shaka Toney

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Probably more OG/OT

They got BeeBee, Hoffman and Shepley at OC right now.

This guy was brought in to replace Bostic who got hurt.
Probably. Of course, he could play center with Shepley at guard. But yeah, we have two tackles out so it makes the most sense that he'll be a fill-in there for camp depth.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminder .. if you want to talk about off-topic things, use the Off-Topic Zone forum!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

blueblood70

Reaction score
Probably. Of course, he could play center with Shepley at guard. But yeah, we have two tackles out so it makes the most sense that he'll be a fill-in there for camp depth.
bass can make a very good backup guard.. I think the fact that people are forgetting names is actually upside this year with the Dallas Cowboys offensive line depth is very good they seem to be young and physical and won't be a big drop from #1 to #2 at center or guard but yeah the tackles are the weak spot right now because of the recent injuries and the fact that I still don't have a lot of confidence in steele.... I sure hope he's better because he's never been great in the passing game but his upside was the run game and that's why he got paid and he's not the same and I sure hope he is not the glaring weak spot this year because we're going to have to help Guyton some..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
bass can make a very good backup guard.. I think the fact that people are forgetting names is actually upside this year with the Dallas Cowboys offensive line depth is very good they seem to be young and physical and won't be a big drop from #1 to #2 at center or guard but yeah the tackles are the weak spot right now because of the recent injuries and the fact that I still don't have a lot of confidence in steele.... I sure hope he's better because he's never been great in the passing game but his upside was the run game and that's why he got paid and he's not the same and I sure hope he is not the glaring weak spot this year because we're going to have to help Guyton some..
This move isn't about our top backups. It's about getting through the preseason.

Our starters are not going to play much, if at all (Tyler, Martin and Steele, that is). So Hoffman and our two rookies (Guyton, Beebe) should get quite a bit of time, with the primary backups (Bass, Richards) and a few other contenders (Ball, Waletzko, maybe Thomas is he's healthy). The rest of the preseason snaps (mostly in the second half) will go to players like this and Shepley.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This move isn't about our top backups. It's about getting through the preseason.

Our starters are not going to play much, if at all (Tyler, Martin and Steele, that is). So Hoffman and our two rookies (Guyton, Beebe) should get quite a bit of time, with the primary backups (Bass, Richards) and a few other contenders (Ball, Waletzko, maybe Thomas is he's healthy). The rest of the preseason snaps (mostly in the second half) will go to players like this and Shepley.
DISAGREE,

Not really

this guy played in the UFL means he just came off playing a full season of professional football, he would be more ready if called upon we have a rash of injuries then one of these young guys you got to have a guy at least available on game day sitting there just in case we don't want to have another chaz green incident which BTW green and his BU were bad, I don't remember what the numbers were but that was the best day in that defensive end slash defensive tackles career.. I believe he might have set a record for the most sacks in a game or something or at least for himself or his team... I definitely don't wanna go through that again I still have PTSD from that you can't have your quarterback just being target back there because you didn't plan well...Edoga and bostic out this Cabral kid in as a potential swing tackle..

so if you have a guy failing miserably, you rip him out and you put this guy in...