News: PFT: Cowboys slam door on talk on benching Dak Prescott

NewsBot

Reaction score
Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott had the worst night of his 13-game NFL career. But that wasn’t enough to get the Cowboys to consider flipping the switch back to one of the best quarterbacks in franchise history. Asked after the the 10-7 loss to the Giants whether the team considered benching a struggling Prescott for a…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2430428&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
People forget a few things: the coaches see Romo every day in practice, it's not 2014, he's barely played in 2 years, he's 36 and coming off multiple surgeries. To expect him to be the savior is unrealistic. To bench Dak for his second loss in 13 games would be pure panic, and not the kind of thing you want to see from the front office.

Fans can panic and some take full advantage of it. If the team panics, forget about it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Support your important role players...good.

At some point, and without being socially irresponsible by name tags, Tony Romo needs some rust knocked off. He hasn't played all the way through most of training camp. And that is your primary backup without real game experience for a year.

Rogers was subbed for in their victory...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
People forget a few things: the coaches see Romo every day in practice, it's not 2014, he's barely played in 2 years, he's 36 and coming off multiple surgeries. To expect him to be the savior is unrealistic. To bench Dak for his second loss in 13 games would be pure panic, and not the kind of thing you want to see from the front office.

Fans can panic and some take full advantage of it. If the team panics, forget about it.
I agree. But wouldn't it be worth seeing what we have in romo in the regular season in case we have to make the switch in a big game?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
"As Jerry has warned us, when he makes a statement, it's really just a statement for that day"...... lol that is a good one !

DFWJC

Reaction score

I agree they aren't benching Dak.

However, that for sure has nothing to do with how Romo is looking right now.
The coaches, players, sideline reporters, everyone...all are raving how great Tony is looking .

But no, they are not pulling Dak.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Dak and he should start and play the next game

However every year is different and it is about winning the SB and the NFC is very weak this year

If Dak craps the bed best game AND if Romo is looking great in practices, I would start him after the TB game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They could cook up a excuse to play romo next week, dak is sick, or pulled a muscle etc, and romo is going to just play the one game
Then they could see how tony does against a fired up and rolling tampa bay.
Right now how tony would play is all speculation, I want to see it for real.
Then they could decide who to go forward with.

Dak sounded like he had a cold last nite after the game.