Signed by Cowboys PFT: Cowboys tender Ron'Dell Carter

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Good point. You might be on to something. Maybe MM doesn't like playing rookies. After the Pittsburgh game I personally thought it was a no brainer to go with GG. Give GG some time and if we win then great and if we lose then better draft pick. Either way was a win win in my mind. Then MM played Dalton. I don't know about anyone else but I saw no benefit at all from playing Dalton after the Pittsburgh game. Dalton wasn't a long term answer and I don't feel he was the best short term answer. But maybe MM likes his vets and is shy when it comes to young guys.
I'm with you 100%, I was calling for the same last season. Now Dalton is gone and we didn't give Gilbert snaps to see what we have in him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm with you 100%, I was calling for the same last season. Now Dalton is gone and we didn't give Gilbert snaps to see what we have in him.

Could it be we didn't want to overexpose him for fear other teams would beat us at signing him? Maybe so -- anything's possible! ;)

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
Exactly, so we're going into this season with no established back up when we could have used the lost season of 2020 to find the backup. One of MM's and the Jones biggest failures of 2020.