News: PFT: Cowboys training camp attendance sees steep decline

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How do they run these attendance numbers? The entrance gate is free & wide open, or do they go based on bleacher attendance estimate?
not it isnt. You come through a get with the metal bars that roll over as you enter.

The actual place just sucks now. They re building houses all around the facility and what was once a nice area on one side of the field to watch is now about 8ft and then a brick fence. That area used to have bleachers and shade, it sucks now.

This was the first year in about 4 that I didnt go to at least 2 days.

T-RO

Reaction score
There is nothing to go see unless you’re a big time Cowboy fan.

We’re a boring team with a boring coach. You’re not going to get a lot of casuals out of state to come watch.

Some truth to that. We don’t have glitzy offensive weapons aside from Zeke.

And we are coming off 9-7 season.

vlad

Reaction score
Just stay somewhere where you can do work - its too damn hot in Texas and its not like we use that to our advantage playing effectively a dome.
Parcells said it himself.

Do other teams worry about attendance at training camp? (I really don't know)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Just stay somewhere where you can do work - its too damn hot in Texas and its not like we use that to our advantage playing effectively a dome.
Parcells said it himself.

Do other teams worry about attendance at training camp? (I really don't know)
I bet you the NFL pays attention.
The Cowboys are like the canary in a mine to them.

coult44

Reaction score
Cowboys training camp attendance sees steep decline

ap_18220024775393-e1534523130445.jpg

America's Team currently isn't cutting it in Oxnard. Via the Dallas Morning News, attendance at Cowboys training camp in Oxnard, California plunged by 15,351 fans, dropping form 55,432 ...

Read Full Story

There will be huge ratings and attendance issues all over the NFL this year. We can all name ten reasons why. From things we can't discuss, to how expensive it is. Or from rule changes to there being too many weekday games. We are going to consistently here this discussed all year long.

Knotamus

Reaction score
(Not that any of this matters) If someone had asked me before camp if fan attendance would be up or down.. I prob would have guess that it would be down for the following reasons...

1. Familiar stars that fans supported and was attracted to from the past are long gone like Dez, Witten, and Romo
  2. There are many fair wheather fans that believe Dallas won’t be that good this year bc the believe media reports that Dak isn’t a great QB, the Boys don’t have any WRs, and the defense is only average. So some aren’t as excited ab the coming season
  3. The initial excitement of Dallas being in Oxnard is starting to subside
  4. And it must be mentioned how the NFL has handle the whole ‘Anthem’ concern has turn some off all together.
At the end of the day, who cares? As another poster mentioned, as long as the players are showing up at practice.. that’s really all that matters to me.

Dre11

Reaction score
How do they run these attendance numbers? The entrance gate is free & wide open, or do they go based on bleacher attendance estimate?

You still need a pass I assume.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Two teams moved to LA....they have their own teams now. Can’t believe no one even considered this may cause a decline in attendance.

VirusX

Reaction score
And school is starting up too.... How about report on something worthwhile? Lazy #$% writing...

aria

Reaction score
Fake news. This is “Americas Team”, no way attendance dropped. Liars.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two teams moved to LA....they have their own teams now. Can’t believe no one even considered this may cause a decline in attendance.

That and most people would agree that this Cowboys team is so fatally flawed that they literally have no chance to win anything until changes are made. So the excitement level is low. When they trot out on offense to open the season I will be embarrassed by the slop that takes the field at the skill positions. I can not believe our starting TE is going to be Geoff Swaim or Blake Jarwin. That Allen friggin Hurns is our #1 WR. Then you have that CFL guy under center. This is a disgrace.

ESisback

Reaction score
That and most people would agree that this Cowboys team is so fatally flawed that they literally have no chance to win anything until changes are made. So the excitement level is low. When they trot out on offense to open the season I will be embarrassed by the slop that takes the field at the skill positions. I can not believe our starting TE is going to be Geoff Swaim or Blake Jarwin. That Allen friggin Hurns is our #1 WR. Then you have that CFL guy under center. This is a disgrace.

So switch teams so you can be happy!

erod

Reaction score
You just can't see them because they're ducking errant throws.

I kid, I kid.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
The problem isnt the cowboys winning. The problem is the complex where they practice. Its $20 to park 5 miles down the road in a high school unless you pay $300 for the VIP yearly fan pass. Then there is hardly any room by where the players come out. They built the cinder block wall so its limited. And also the shuttle service is a pain in the butt for people with kids. They shuttle you in school buses.