News: PFT: Cowboys want more than leading league in total offense

cern

Reaction score
Oh good. I thought you were going to answer me with something so obvious, I'd feel like a complete idiot for asking.
We're all slow sometimes. If my neurons were firing, I'd have said cd was churchill downs. Better late than never.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When Romo was here I had trust in him and the team now hard to have trust in what we have now they seem to be more inconsistent.( I am talking as a team)
How you have trust when Romo was here? They underachieved just like the rest of them lol.

morat1959

Reaction score
Pretty obvious something's missing.......add this to a D stat of us being #6, we should have a min two more wins. I can't put my fingers on it but I'm guessing mistakes/penalties are playing a major role.
Coaching or lack there of!

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
How you have trust when Romo was here? They underachieved just like the rest of them lol.
Romo was the difference maker and he is better than the current version of Dak IMO.
If Romo in his prime is the quarterback for this team, I have no doubt we will reach the SB

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
They are not efficient at scoring points. They require a lot of yards to score points.
That's because until the last two games, Dallas was 4th in TD per drive, but dead last (32nd) in average starting field position.

For the season, the Cowboys are now 2nd in TD per drive and have moved up to 24th in average field position thanks to takeaways on the opponents' side of the field in the last two games.

The Patriots have started 25 drives in opponents' territory, which leads the NFL. Dallas has 8 -- all in the last two games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo was the difference maker and he is better than the current version of Dak IMO.
If Romo in his prime is the quarterback for this team, I have no doubt we will reach the SB
But I don’t understand.....he underachieved with stacked teams. Teams better than what we have now. Yet, he’s be in the Super Bowl? With what coaching? Romo was gonna get turnovers and coach himself?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But I don’t understand.....he underachieved with stacked teams. Teams better than what we have now. Yet, he’s be in the Super Bowl? With what coaching? Romo was gonna get turnovers and coach himself?
I don't know if he ever had a better team around him than Dak has now, honestly.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I am comparing him to the now Dak
He would do better with this team regardless who is coaching. Tony was a player and a coach with high football IQ.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am comparing him to the now Dak
He would do better with this team regardless who is coaching. Tony was a player and a coach with high football IQ.
No he wasn’t lol. What’s up with you guys all of a sudden wanting to rewrite Romo’s history?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
It's amazing how the Cowboys lead the league with all of their slow starts this year, imagine how good they would be if they didn't have all of those slow starts!
We went six games into the season without ever starting a drive on the opponent's side of the field. That's highly unusual.

Dallas drives that began in opponent territory
Season's first six games
2010 7
2011 10
2012 7
2013 9
2014 6
2015 2
2016 4
2017 7
2018 6
2019 0

The other thing is the Cowboys lead the league in dropped passes with 21. Last year, Dallas had 19 drops all season.

In the three losses alone this season, Dallas receivers had 11 drops.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
2014 and 2007. We had 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007 in a much softer NFC. All they had to do was beat the Giants. Score more than 17.
Maybe that "much softer NFC" is why there were 13 Pro Bowlers. 2007 was Romo's 2nd season as the starting QB, so that's a bit lopsided. I don't think 2014 was a better team either. Other than Romo himself and Murray, those same pro bowlers are still on the team, I believe, plus we've got much more depth, better LB corps, better secondary, better receivers as a group, and Zeke.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Romo's offensive line was never 31% of the salary cap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe that "much softer NFC" is why there were 13 Pro Bowlers. 2007 was Romo's 2nd season as the starting QB, so that's a bit lopsided. I don't think 2014 was a better team either. Other than Romo himself and Murray, those same pro bowlers are still on the team, I believe, plus we've got much more depth, better LB corps, better secondary, better receivers as a group, and Zeke.
Yeah those same players are on this team but they were better in 2014. Sean Lee was much better in 5 years ago then he is now.