News: PFT: Dak has not ask for $40M

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Haven't even opened the related.......those cursing him, may wanna dial back a bit
Source: Dak Prescott has not asked for $40 million a year
Posted by Charean Williams on August 12, 2019, 5:14 PM EDT
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...prescott-has-not-asked-for-40-million-a-year/

The Cowboys and Dak Prescott apparently aren’t close on a new deal, but how far apart they are remains a question.

The Cowboys have said they have made what they consider to be “solid” offers to Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper, which would rank them “at least in the top five” at their respective positions. That would mean more than $30 million per season for Prescott.

NFL Media reported Monday, though, that Prescott is seeking an annual average of $40 millionper season.

exciter

Reaction score
Does it matter? Tag him with the option to match. If someone wants to pay him significantly more than the top 15th average qb salary then take the 1st. He's a mid tier qb, until he proves otherwise that is what he should be paid!

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Already been posted.

We're running out of things to bash Dak for. He didn't ask for that kind of money. We're not paying him that much so I think he'd rather take 33-34 million over being out of a job (like anybody with a brain would), and 2nd of all..... we're trusting the claims of a smoking hot chick who should be on the runway rather than sports reporting.

And last of all, Jerry already said he's willing to hold out one more year on paying Dak. Meaning he wants to see what he does this year first. I'm ok with that, because I know he's gonna show up and play no matter what. Unlike that.... other fat guy on the team who's already quit the team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Does it matter? Tag him with the option to match. If someone wants to pay him significantly more than the top 15th average qb salary then take the 1st. He's a mid tier qb, until he proves otherwise that is what he should be paid!

That's the problem for many fans........mid-tier, top-tier or whatever has nothing to will paying your starting QB today if you think he's your long-term answer

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Charean Williams has better sources. I believe her account.
Does she? I don't really read her or Jane much since I'm not a Twitter guy.

But after all of this crap, I'm still in the camp of a prove it year for Dak. Sadly to really prove it Zeke needs to sit. Anyone think maybe Zeke knows he's the best offense player on the team and is pissed Dak is looking at 30 million while he is talked about at 15 million.

Maybe he wants to miss some games to prove he's more important than Dak.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And everyone told Florio he was a hack when he was the ONLY one saying Zeke isn’t going anywhere near TC.
I never said he can't break a story every now and then. I just believe Williams because she was a reporter for the FWST and cultivated sources within the Cowboys organizations having covered them for several years.
It's an issue of credibility as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't mean she can't be wrong. I just believe her account in this case.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Does she? I don't really read her or Jane much since I'm not a Twitter guy.

But after all of this crap, I'm still in the camp of a prove it year for Dak. Sadly to really prove it Zeke needs to sit. Anyone think maybe Zeke knows he's the best offense player on the team and is pissed Dak is looking at 30 million while he is talked about at 15 million.

Maybe he wants to miss some games to prove he's more important than Dak.
I doubt he's sitting out because of Dak. He should know that quarterbacks get paid more than running backs. Zeke wants to get what HE'S worth as a running back, not what Dak will get based on the market for quarterbacks.