News: PFT: Dak Prescott has a message for Dez Bryant; throw it better so he doesn't drop it

Gameover

Reaction score
Maybe he gets more looks because he gets open more

The most targets for a season was 159 in 2013. He caught 58% of his passes. The team attempted over 580 passes. Compare that w Irvin best 165 attempts and his team passed the ball 424 times. 67%. Bryant is not that reliable threat

Calvin Johnson w Scott Linehan, targets

137 in 14 games
137 in 15 games
156 in 14 games

Maybe Dez just isn't that guy?

Dez targeted a career best 156 times in 2013 and only 1,223 yards.

Compare that to Johnson

158 targets, 1,681 yards

156 targets in 14 games, 1,482 yards

Last edited:

Zordon

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson w Scott Linehan, targets

137 in 14 games
137 in 15 games
156 in 14 games

Maybe Dez just isn't that guy?

Dez targeted a career best 156 times in 2013 and only 1,223 yards.

Compare that to Johnson

158 targets, 1,681 yards

156 targets in 14 games, 1,482 yards
Dude CJ is one of the best receivers of all-time. Why compare Dez to him? Dez at his best isn't touching CJ and that's not a slight to him.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Ok.....Go JWitten, please play until you're 40! I hope we can get someone to spell you minutes just as the Chargers have done regarding Antonio Gates.
Your comment was “watch Gronk catch a ball then watch Witten. No comparison.” I was just pointing out that as a pass catching player you can actually make a good comparison for the two over their careers. Don’t try changing the topic and adding age and who is gonna replace him simply cause you were wrong about the first point.

Cmac

Reaction score
Your comment was “watch Gronk catch a ball then watch Witten. No comparison.” I was just pointing out that as a pass catching player you can actually make a good comparison for the two over their careers. Don’t try changing the topic and adding age and who is gonna replace him simply cause you were wrong about the first point.
Age is the point.....and why is Witten immune to change too?

aikemirv

Reaction score
I remember so many times when an off target pass that went off the hands of a Wr was a case for showing how Romo was not that good and was careless with the ball..

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Age is the point.....and why is Witten immune to change too?
Nah. Your orignal point was watching them catch, which Witten is one of the best at, and there being NO comparison to Gronk. Is he old? Of course! We need to find his replacement ASAP and I agree his age is a factor, his speed (lack there of) etc. But the original post talked about catching ability. That is what I replied to. There is no disagreement on the other issues that were brought into it.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I am not going to get involved in this pissing match between Dak and Dez, both of them have crapped the bed this season.

However..................going forward its obvious that these two guys just aint clicking and its time to break them up. Considering Dak is on his rookie deal and Dez is scheduled to make like $17 million next season, its not rocket science as to who just drew the short straw.

I am 90% sure Dez is not on this team next season, I expect that he will be released when the new league year starts in March.

kumizi

Reaction score
I am not going to get involved in this pissing match between Dak and Dez, both of them have crapped the bed this season.

However..................going forward its obvious that these two guys just aint clicking and its time to break them up. Considering Dak is on his rookie deal and Dez is scheduled to make like $17 million next season, its not rocket science as to who just drew the short straw.

I am 90% sure Dez is not on this team next season, I expect that he will be released when the new league year starts in March.
Dez fanboys are having a real hard time coming to grips with this single logic.

birdwells1

Reaction score

Not really, the questions are, "is Dez done"? I say no. Should Dez be on this team? With his lack of production and salary, probably not. Does he go to another team and be successful. I he has a competent passer, Yes. Does that solve the Dak or Dez debate? Yes.

I'm of the impression that when trying to solve a problem, if you're having serveral issues you should look for the common denominator to solve the problem.

If your Christmas lights went out, would you say that all the bulbs, coincidentally failed at the same time or has the fuse blown? Yes it mathmatically possible that all 140 light went out at the same time but what's more likely? This passing game was poor this year and Dak played like the 4th round project he was drafted to be. This team is ready to win now but the QB isn't?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dez drops a lot of balls he used to catch. He used to have really good hands, but that is changing. I think Dez's declining skills combined with that monster contract could possibly spell trouble for him next year. I've always liked Dez, but I just don't think he's the receiver he used to be.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
....but here's my message first. GET RID OF BRYANT! There that's better. Needed to get that off my chest.
grin-smiley-emoticon.gif

Early Sunday's eventual loss to the Seahawks Bryant seemed to be complaining AGAIN about the lack of footballs coming his way. And the the footballs came his way and he fumbled one and allowed another to slip his hands for an interception. After the game, Dak had a pragmatic assessment of how he needs to deal with Dez in the future.
th
“I think I have to throw him a better ball. Just put it right there on his face mask and don’t give him a chance to drop it, I guess.”

Whether Dak intended to do it or not, the message was unmistakable. And it underscores the reality that, through two full seasons, Dak and Dez haven’t clicked the way they need to.

There’s a chance that, come 2018, it won’t be a problem. Bryant has a $12.5 million salary and a $16.5 million cap number. Unless he agrees to a significant pay cut, there’s a chance he’ll be catching — or dropping — passes from someone else next year. https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-message-dez-bryant-031849541.html

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score
Over the course of this season....there's been a lot of fan boys to choose from. The coaching problem will probably get ignored again, so next year the fan boy club can have another player to absolve, all the while dismissing obvious deficiency, mixed with player immunity (Witten) and high balls, low balls, confusing play calls, obvious play calls. Why don't we just call it the way it is.....An accident waiting to happen. Dysfunction ran this franchise that awards mediocrity, singles out a few to disguise the overall coaching flaws on the team, the overall poor management of choosing players, the routine failure to play 60 minutes of football, the ability to make an unknown become player of the week, the underachievement when prosperity shows its face. The constant tail tucking during big games. All on JJ, but JG and staff ain't helping one bit.

How can an "offensive guru" allow predictability and failure to show in game adjustments week in and week out. Hyped, overrated, and fools' gold. The Clapper of the Year....again with an 8-8 record on the horizon.