News: PFT: Dak Prescott has a message for Dez Bryant; throw it better so he doesn't drop it

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The first 8 games of the year or so Dak was playing like a legit MVP.

Defenses adjusted, our o-line play went downhill, and Dez Bryant went from average to bad.

Dak is a top 15 qb in this league easy. The problem is his receivers can’t get open and the team has no speed whatsoever. Our scheme also doesn’t help at all.

Watching Dez Bryant run routes when he isn’t the number one option is PAINFUL to watch. If it was anybody else on the team the guy would be benched.

Haha, someone misunderstood what Christmas spirit meant, put the alcohol down. He went 4-3 in his first 7 games. 13 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.You're focusing on a 3 game stretch where we played bad defenses and the offense was operating well. Dak's been shaky all year and it only got worse.

Zordon

Reaction score
It’s obvious Bryant is garbage. He’s a cancer.

But Prescott has no room to critique. He’s hot trash as well. I really think we need to replace Prescott ASAP.
Cancer? Some of you are letting your personal hatred for Dez get to you. No teammate has ever said that crap about Dez. In fact, he's a fantastic locker room guy according to Witten. A fairer critique of him is his approach towards the finer details of the game.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dez actually has NFL-caliber talent, unlike this fraud of a QB.

Thats going to be true no matter how much you, or any of the other Dez haters fight it. If you think by getting rid of the best WR we’ve had on this team since Mike Irvin, will make this QB stop his dink n dunk mentality and horrible mechanics, then youre delusional.
:clap:

River82

Reaction score
If you take the highest paid WR out of the team for a goodly stretch (like what happened last season) and the offence performs just as well or possibly better when he's not there (like what happened last season) and upon returning he can't stop dropping and fumbling the ball (like what happened all this season) then it's time for that person to go.

Looking at you, Dez

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Dez has a bad game... his fumble didn’t result in a TD... first of all that was actually a pretty good play by Maxwell.. dude didn’t even bother to try and tackle and straight up went Bruce Lee on the ball.. second, it was at the fifty yard line... the defense on that drive got totally smoked by a play fake bootleg with RW running in a lot of daylight..

Dak’s INT when he had no pressure on him and Zeke was wide open on the other hand did result directly in a TD.

And his pass sucked.. couldn’t lead Dez on a crossing route, right behind him.
Am I misunderstanding this post? Dez’s fumble gave a busted Seattle offense great field position and that led to a touchdown. Made it 7-6 Seattle. Changed all the momentum.

Dak had some pressure when he made a terrible decision to lob the ball up for his pick 6. Just an awful play on Daks part.

And crosssing route? If you are referring to the other INT then that was no crossing route at all. Zone defense. Dez found his spot and sat. Was actually still when the ball was thrown to his side (not behind) and it went thru his hands. If it’s another play and I’m way off here then my apologies. But if it is in fact the other INT that was no where close to a slant route.

Regardless. Dak played awful this game. Couldn’t read the blitzes or coverages to save his life. And let’s not even get started on 1st and goal from the 3 and Zeke doesn’t touch the ball. Plenty of blame to go around this game.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Watch Gronk catch a ball then watch Witten. No comparison.
I’ve seen Witten make some pretty nasty one handed catches to name a few. Also considering the amount of QBs Witten has gone thru and had to develop rapport with I would actually say in terms of catching there is definitely a comparison there...

Last edited:

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score

Not sure what’s actually funny. I posed an article that verifies everything I said. Dak was killing it at the beginning of the year.

You said he led us to a 4-3 record which is a dishonest way of looking at it as Dak was not even remotely close to the reason we lost any of those games and was excellent in the losses to both the rams and the packers.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Put him on Patriots or new Orleans and see what happens. Pot him on whatever team Eli goes to and see what happens
The Patriots would never bring Dez in. He would be there 4th receiver behind Gronk, Edleman, Cooks. The Saints just traded a malcontent, aging veteran and got better at rb. Maybe the Commanders will pick him up.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Cancer? Some of you are letting your personal hatred for Dez get to you. No teammate has ever said that crap about Dez. In fact, he's a fantastic locker room guy according to Witten. A fairer critique of him is his approach towards the finer details of the game.
His behavior Sunday when we were winning the game and playing well and had the ball at midfield was cancerous. Zeke and Dak and coaches all had to tend to his menstrual flow thus losing their main focus. We were WINNING THE GAME when he did this. Then they get him the ball and he immediately turns it over handing a dead Seattle team new life.

If Garrett was a man he should have not let Bryant see the field the rest of the game.

I've defended Dez quite a lot here, that was the last straw.

zeke21

Reaction score
There are a heap of teams that will give Dez are shot.. reckon he is probably past his best years now though. Still could be a 1000+ yard receiver easily in the right scheme with a decent QB.

I agree he is no longer the right fit for the Cowboys though and should be moved on. Another Dak/Garrett casualty on the scrapheap.. and there will be a few more.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
His behavior Sunday when we were winning the game and playing well and had the ball at midfield was cancerous. Zeke and Dak and coaches all had to tend to his menstrual flow thus losing their main focus. We were WINNING THE GAME when he did this. Then they get him the ball and he immediately turns it over handing a dead Seattle team new life.

If Garrett was a man he should have not let Bryant see the field the rest of the game.

I've defended Dez quite a lot here, that was the last straw.

And that's my problem is that he threw a fit while we were winning and starting to put up a good running game with Zeke. Which is on the coaches for yet again going away from a running game which was working. But, the point is that the offense was moving the ball and the defense was shutting Seattle down. Seattle couldn't do anything on Offense until the game turned with Dez's fumble.

If all of the team has to worry about calming Dez down while we are winning then that is a major problem. Don't see how anyone can have a problem with Dak calling Dez out. Yet, give Dez a free pass for having a tantrum while we were winning the game. It was just in the first half and Dez wasn't patient that he could have been worked in later in the game.

zeke21

Reaction score
Dez since Week 12 has had 5, 7, 5, 4 and 6 targets per game. For a WR1 that consider themselves a star player.. that isn't enough and it has nothing to do with our running game. Take, for example, Brown (who is also on a team with a run first philosophy and excellent RB), who has been targeted 12,15,18, 3** in the same period. So Brown is getting roughly double the opportunities Dez is to make plays.. and that is on a team who also gives Bell 25-30 touches a game.

There is something very wrong with our offensive scheme, which we all know, and I don't think Dez should be throwing a tantrum (if that was in fact what he was doing.. which hasn't even been confirmed).. but far out I can understand his frustration.

I would hate to drill down into how many realistic chances he is getting per game.. as even with those limited targets most of them are realistically uncatchable or, to get him in the game, Dak checks down to him and then Dez is trying for the hero play. What a wasted season for Dez.. and especially in games like yesterday where he clearly had a mismatch.. and was getting free 40-50 yards down the field..!

Proof

Reaction score
Where are all you sheep that insist that Dez is still a serviceable WR?

I'm right here. sheep is used for people who blindly follow a pack mentality. Sticking up for Dez is the opposite.

He had a terrible year, when the buzz was getting louder about his regression/attitude etc, so there's not much more to say than he has himself to blame. He's still capable though imo, and I'd hate to lose him.

Also can we please stop with the "we were WINNING the game!" schtick? Dez definitely didn't need to become a distraction, but lets not pretend 6-0 is where you hang your hat

khiladi

Reaction score
Am I misunderstanding this post? Dez’s fumble gave a busted Seattle offense great field position and that led to a touchdown. Made it 7-6 Seattle. Changed all the momentum.

Dak had some pressure when he made a terrible decision to lob the ball up for his pick 6. Just an awful play on Daks part.

And crosssing route? If you are referring to the other INT then that was no crossing route at all. Zone defense. Dez found his spot and sat. Was actually still when the ball was thrown to his side (not behind) and it went thru his hands. If it’s another play and I’m way off here then my apologies. But if it is in fact the other INT that was no where close to a slant route.

Regardless. Dak played awful this game. Couldn’t read the blitzes or coverages to save his life. And let’s not even get started on 1st and goal from the 3 and Zeke doesn’t touch the ball. Plenty of blame to go around this game.

I’m pretty sure it was a crossing route. Dez never runs five yard routes like that over the middle to find hole in the zone.

And that ‘momentum’ was at the 50 yard line if I remember and Dallas defense and RW actually broke coverage on a roll out to the left and ran it for a long gain. And the coverage on Graham was pretty bad

Hardly Dez’s fault and clearly can’t call it a ‘momentum’ change. The game was already ugly to begin with. Dak’s INT the very next drive turned it from really one FG away from lead to really a two score game.

And like I said, Maxwell made a good play while Dez was lowering his shoulder expecting contact. Maxwell didn’t even even go down and was standing straight up and punched.