News: PFT: Daryl Johnston promoted to USFL president of football operations

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
none of those leagues will ever work
Yeah it isn't like the 50s or 60s where they could just sign college football stars and bring in a ton of attention and some money to their new league.

Kinda makes you wonder if Musk,Bezos and some other multi billionaires got together to usurp the NFL if it would take, if they had many many billions to do a startup like that.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yeah it isn't like the 50s or 60s where they could just sign college football stars and bring in a ton of attention and some money to their new league.

Kinda makes you wonder if Musk,Bezos and some other multi billionaires got together to usurp the NFL if it would take, if they had many many billions to do a startup like that.
Like the Public Investement Fund financing LIV Golf to vie with the PGA.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Grats Moose!

On a side note, I've been watching this year's version of the XFL. The USFL will have to step its game up to compete IMO.

Who knows, there might even be a merger of the two leagues in the future.
I have watched 2 of seattle seadragon games, because ben dinucci is the leading qb in the xfl.
will watch the playoffs, hoping dragons make the playoffs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

yeah it would take a lot of $ and they would then be able to go for college stars, and some nfl players.
better uniforms, would help , and have teams in cities with no nfl team, like st louis san antonio etc.
They would also need tv contracts with one ( or more) of the 4 major free networks.

Xfl is on several different networks like espn, espn2 etc.
They should also make whole games available online after the game.

Be like the nfl without the rules fans dont like.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Daryl Johnston is an intelligent individual and should be capable of fulfilling whatever mission he's assigned to. It'll be a challenging job for him and one that I believe he'll handle impressively. Here's wishing him a highly successful venture into his newfound assignment as USFL President of Football Operations. If he's nearly as competent as he was as a Dallas Cowboys fullback, he'll be a smashing success.

Last edited:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I really dont understand why Greg Olsen passed Johnston. Johnston just did the job for 20 years, why was he not calling the last Super Bowl? weird. Now he will be out of work when the USFL inevitably folds in a year.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I really dont understand why Greg Olsen passed Johnston. Johnston just did the job for 20 years, why was he not calling the last Super Bowl? weird. Now he will be out of work when the USFL inevitably folds in a year.
It is a lot of responsibility being the number 1 crew like going somewhere where you are advertised to appear and going to interviews is an example.

Also, I will not be surprised if Moose actually chooses on most games he would like to call (outside game of the week). Last year, he called a lot of games around the Northeast part of the area.