News: PFT: DeMarcus Lawrence: It was electric to be back out there

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm glad he's healthy again and stepped in a did pretty well. It was getting lame with all of the hatred while he was out. If we can get Gregory, Lawrence and Parsons at the same time - look out.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Lawrence looked just like he did in his contract year. Wish he looked that way all the time. He and Parsons could be some duo.

Still need a DT.

Injuries have surely hampered him in the past. When healthy he is a force. Also he has had no real help on on Dline in past years. When Gregory and Gallimore come back he is going to thrive even more.

Gorgon

Reaction score
Injuries have surely hampered him in the past. When healthy he is a force. Also he has had no real help on on Dline in past years. When Gregory and Gallimore come back he is going to thrive even more.
All I know is that for two years everyone here was screaming he was overpaid, they never should have given him the contract. Now, after one game, he's Bob Lilly.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
He looked really good. No rust which surprised me- really excited to see Lawrence Gregory and parson on the field together

phildadon86

Reaction score
He looked pretty good. I wasn't expecting much from him at this point, but I was happy with him.
After missing that much time I was expecting him to be rusty to some extent. He looked gassed at times but thats to be expected. Once Gallimore and Gregory are back the defense will be at full strength for the first time this season.

Gorgon

Reaction score
After missing that much time I was expecting him to be rusty to some extent. He looked gassed at times but thats to be expected. Once Gallimore and Gregory are back the defense will be at full strength for the first time this season.
I don't doubt his talent. I doubt his commitment to consistency.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
So, it is all about pressures now and not sacks?

I'm not a fan of ranking sacks v pressures, they both have their place but...........

If you are ranking sacks as the only measure, are you saying Robert Quinn was a better player than Lawrence a couple of years ago because he had better sack numbers?

For the record, I don't. He was "sack hunting / contract hunting" and yes, got reasonable sack numbers but took himself out of more plays than he influenced with his "me first" attitude. Lawrence is a team player, sacks matter yes but he knows there's more to the game than that.

Sorry but I feel quite strongly about this.

Creeper

Reaction score
Lawrence looked just like he did in his contract year. Wish he looked that way all the time. He and Parsons could be some duo.

Still need a DT.

It just goes to show that Lawrence can actually be a really good player when he wants to be. He got the bog contract and lost his desire to play hard.