News: PFT: Dez Bryant gives up his pet monkey

NewsBot

Reaction score
Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was criticized by animal rights groups as “completely irresponsible” for buying a pet capuchin monkey. Now Bryant has given that monkey away. Bryant told KTCK-AM 1310 The Ticket that he gave his monkey, which he named Dallas Bryant, to a friend in the country. “But I get to see him,” Bryant…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2404874&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why isn't this a bigger story? And I think we all know what "giving him away to a friend in the country" means when it comes to pets, right? How many friends in the country could Dez even have?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I really don't care about his pet monkey but anything that will help Dez focus on football and only football is fine by me. He got the big $$ contract last year. He has the tools and talent to be a very good WR in this league for another 5+ years. We need him to bring back his 2014 mojo that got him here.
Dez put away childish things/toys, lace em up and go to work.
Ok I feel better now.;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was criticized by animal rights groups as “completely irresponsible” for buying a pet capuchin monkey.
What are the chance those same animal rights groups give Bryant the credit he deserves for being and doing the responsible thing now?

:laugh:

superonyx

Reaction score
Why isn't this a bigger story? And I think we all know what "giving him away to a friend in the country" means when it comes to pets, right? How many friends in the country could Dez even have?

At least he didn't say he was giving him to a friend with a Farm.
That's certain doom for poor little Dallas Bryant.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
I really don't care about his pet monkey but anything that will help Dez focus on football and only football is fine by me. He got the big $$ contract last year. He has the tools and talent to be a very good WR in this league for another 5+ years. We need him to bring back his 2014 mojo that got him here.
Dez put away childish things/toys, lace em up and go to work.
Ok I feel better now.;)
3rd and goal from the 5. Romo to Dez, Dez stops mid route *wonder if my monkey is fed..* Drop... Boys settle for 3...

treykin32

Reaction score
When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

No doubt...but who are you trying to convince yourself or others? Besides the Word of The Most High is to be used to help others and not put/bring down or hurt others. Cowboys fans...smh...MOST of you have problems with and negative opinions about people with an abundance of melanin...sad but all of these posts say it...

Dez hasn't broken any laws but he is STILL looked at by many on this board as stupid, incompetent, and a criminal in waiting. I understand why most NFL fans don't like most of you Cowboy fans.

Last edited:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Gave him the Ole Yeller treatment.

treykin32

Reaction score
3rd and goal from the 5. Romo to Dez, Dez stops mid route *wonder if my monkey is fed..* Drop... Boys settle for 3...

When has that happened? Jason Witten is looked upon like he is a god on this board, but he only has 1 more touchdown than Dez Bryant for his career. That is with a 7 season head start. Quit downing Dez. I've seen Witten drop passes, tip passes to defenders for interceptions, get a zillion false starts, and miss blocks, but not one single bad word is EVER said about him...Yall really need to cut it...smh

JDSmith

Reaction score
I think he had a few of those last year. Just sayin

Yeah, I'm sure the broken foot had nothing to do with it. It was clearly the monkey.

On a completely unrelated note which has nothing at all to do with that post, I've noticed that when people end with 'just sayin' they typically posted something not worth saying at all. Which is clearly not the case here.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
No doubt...but who are you trying to convince yourself or others? Besides the Word of The Most High is to be used to help others and not put/bring down or hurt others. Cowboys fans...smh...MOST of you have problems with and negative opinions about people with an abundance of melanin...sad but all of these post says it...

Dez hasn't broken any laws but he is STILL looked at by many on this board as stupid, incompetent, and a criminal in waiting. I understand why most NFL fans don't like most you Cowboy fans.
Uh, thanks Jesus.

treykin32

Reaction score
What does it means? Enlighten us.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
No doubt...but who are you trying to convince yourself or others? Besides the Word of The Most High is to be used to help others and not put/bring down or hurt others. Cowboys fans...smh...MOST of you have problems with and negative opinions about people with an abundance of melanin...sad but all of these post says it...

Dez hasn't broken any laws but he is STILL looked at by many on this board as stupid, incompetent, and a criminal in waiting. I understand why most NFL fans don't like most you Cowboy fans.

You're reading a lot into my comment and assuming a great deal. I don't really care about his monkey and I certainly do not take kindly to the accusations. For what its worth, Dez it not a mature individual and there is ample evidence to support, but as for his intelligence or capacity for criminal acts, I have never given him anything but the benefit of the doubt.

BTW owning the monkey was illegal.