News: PFT: Dez Bryant gives up his pet monkey

JDSmith

Reaction score
I'm sure the broken foot had a lot to do with his issues last year but you don't catch footballs with your feet. It takes good hands which we all know he has and concentration, which we all know he had in 2014.

I haven't tried to come back in record time from a broken foot, but I'd have to assume the constant pain and fear that you are going to re-injure it might lead to the occasional concentration lapse on the field. Much more so than owning a pet. Now if the monkey had gotten excited at a game and fallen from the stands and Dez opted to catch the monkey instead of the ball I'd say everyone had a legitimate complaint and that the monkey was the problem.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I haven't tried to come back in record time from a broken foot, but I'd have to assume the constant pain and fear that you are going to re-injure it might lead to the occasional concentration lapse on the field. Much more so than owning a pet. Now if the monkey had gotten excited at a game and fallen from the stands and Dez opted to catch the monkey instead of the ball I'd say everyone had a legitimate complaint and that the monkey was the problem.
Whatever you think, we're all "assuming". A big part of the Zone make up.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
So having a pet takes away your focus on football?

All the cowboys players have to do is give up their pets and we'll be superbowl bound?

:rolleyes:
Hilarious!! At this point I'm willing to try anything. We'll let Mike Vick take care of them during the season.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
it was a joke.

Wasn't bustin' balls. Just saying that this particular breed is interesting in the fact that they have odd ways of showing tension or stress that a person who's not totally advanced with animal knowledge wouldn't be able to spot. Good guy for giving it a better home, though.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Didn't that happen?

Maybe I'm thinking of something else.