WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2021, 4:18 PM EDT

GettyImages-1214053963-e1634847217350.jpg

Getty Images

At one point over the past few years, we wrote that it made sense for the NFL to keep the satellite portion of Sunday Ticket with DirecTV and to sell the streaming side of it elsewhere, in order to maximize the overall reach of the product. Despite the explosion in Internet-based video, satellite technology continues to deliver content for many. Thus, the NFL’s best outcome would entail having both platforms.

Via Ben Fischer of Sports Business Journal, that may indeed happen.
Fischer reports that “momentum is growing” for an extension with DirecTV, one that would result in the streaming side of the package going elsewhere. Helping the cause is the fact that AT&T will be spinning off DirecTV; the relationship between the NFL and AT&T had become very strained, and that angle is now irrelevant.

Read the rest: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/21/directv-may-keep-satellite-piece-of-sunday-ticket/

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
As long as I can stream it on Amazon, Disney+ or AppleTV if could give a flip about DirecTV. No way I'll ever get tied up in a two year contract with those robber barons to watch television again.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since I have free NFL ST again this year, I plan to dump them after football season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Since I have free NFL ST again this year, I plan to dump them after football season.
Same here. Maybe. You have to admit that ST is nice… The rest of the year I don’t care. And since my wife and I have installed a few cheap apps on the tv we don’t turn the satellite box on until Sunday. If I can pay maybe 100 bucks or less and stream all The Cowboy games then Directv is gone. I am in Florida and maybe miss a few games a year. I would have thought we would have other options by now. Illegal streams are choppy and have lag or can get dropped. And I can record the games with Directv.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've never had Sunday Ticket, and as long as I get NFL Redzone I won't care about Sunday Ticket. Seven hours of commercial-free football - can't beat it.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I've never had Sunday Ticket, and as long as I get NFL Redzone I won't care about Sunday Ticket. Seven hours of commercial-free football - can't beat it.
I feel the same, it also alerts me if I want to watch a game more closely or tape a game if I see it developing. I am no Direct TV homer but this is one feature I enjoy.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
“We don’t subscribe to the theory that television is going away,” NFL Chief Media & Business Officer Brian Rolapp said at the CAA World Congress of Sports last week, via Fischer. “We want to be in every household in this country and beyond."

B.S., If they really believe this, they would have opened up all NFL games to everyone years ago. As it stands right now, if you are an NFL fan of a team not in your market area, you have two choices to watch live NFL games and that's subscribing to an expensive satellite system and then paying extra for NFLST or illegal streaming. Everyone outside the USA can get all NFL games at a pretty decent price.

dfense

Reaction score
Whatever, it took me a week to realize I have the ticket for free on Directv. And Directv is still cheaper than the local cable monopoly.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I also will never go back. Especially after they told me i was out of the contract period and could cancel without a fee and then, surprise, hit me with an b early disconnect fee. I then had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get them to actually listen to their recorded call to see where they told me there would be no fee. I subscribed to an illegal service this year. I split it with my brother. Comes out to about $8 a month for every sport you can imagine and HBO, Starz, etc. I just use it for football, it's in HD and no lag. I'm happy with it. F you DirecTV(AT&T).

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Directv Stream is now offered. I'm debating switching over now. Get all the same streaming services of the satellite according to some friends.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Glad I live on the east coast. Cowboys games are rarely not broadcasted in the local market. I usually see about 90% of the cowboy games on tv. Only game I had to watch from a bar was the panthers games