News: PFT: Ezekiel Elliott on Jason Garrett: Change is hard, but sometimes good

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ezekiel Elliott on Jason Garrett: Change is hard, but sometimes good

gettyimages-1190908255-e1579722677169.jpg

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has only played for one head coach in the NFL, but that will change when the team gets back to work later this year. Jason Garrett is out and Mike McCarthy is i...

Read Full Story

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"Change" was clearly needed. Now we wait to see what that change actually looks like. The players aren't the only ones experiencing this change, we all are. They are big boys, they will have to suck it up and adapt to a new coach and staff.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I think it will force players to go out and prove themselves. I think players tend to get into a comfort zone and this will take them out of that comfort zone.

Absolutely, true competition, no pet cats for this coaching staff. Having none starters practicing/playing like they might get cut and starters practicing/playing like they might lose their position. That's the thing I like most about Jimmy, he kept players on their toes. No one was comfortable when he was around because if you weren't helping him win, you weren't going to be around and everyone knew it.

If MM just bring this back we'll be in the NFCCG next year. The end of the country club hopefully.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Zeke didnt mention what a good coach Garrett was and how he appreciates what he learned from him? :huh: oh........yea

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
"Change" was clearly needed. Now we wait to see what that change actually looks like. The players aren't the only ones experiencing this change, we all are. They are big boys, they will have to suck it up and adapt to a new coach and staff.
And hopefully not an owner who over protects his HC like he did with Garrett.

I want to see again a HC we can respect and as fans..

not have to catch negative comments about the HC being a puppet..

or the GM being a football dimbulb.

I want to hear from McCarthy in post-game press conferences and not Jerrah.

Football on the field is all I want to hear about.

That's McCarthy not Jones.

Dre11

Reaction score
Zeke didnt mention what a good coach Garrett was and how he appreciates what he learned from him? :huh: oh........yea

He only was the best RB in the league for 2 of his 3 years under him I'm sure he doesn't have to say what he feels ...lol

Dre11

Reaction score
Oh yes, if it wasnt for garrett zeke wouldnt have had those rushing titles.

How many teams featured the run game like the cowboys in 2016, 2017, 2018. How many teams made the rb the focal point in those years

Dre11

Reaction score
How many teams had ezekiel elliot lol. If you had a comparable rb you ran the ball. Sthu

You sound stupid, He was drafted to be a bell cow for a run dominant offense , just as the OL was built. dumb looks good on you. this was by design.