News: PFT: Federal judge reinstates Ezekiel Elliott suspension

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I`m sure someone has posted this by now, but a great article from Washington Post...talks about how right off the bat the Judge seemed pro NFL lawyers and anti NFLPA lawyers. So corrupt

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...0d4f04b89eb_story.html?utm_term=.9cdaf4314187

A part of the article,

Did Failla smile more sweetly and defer to the NFL’s superbly concise litigator Paul Clement right from the outset? She certainly seemed to. Did she appear to suppress more than one eye roll at Kessler’s passionate, verbose and desperately searching arguments? Indeed, she did. “I can read,” she said at one point.

One thing was obvious: Lawyers for NFL players have been arguing against Goodell’s capriciousness for so long that they have become frustrated and hyper-emotional. It doesn’t matter that they are right.

Clearly, Goodell abused his power: He discarded the conclusions of his own investigator Kia Roberts, who recommended no suspension because she found Elliott’s accuser not believable. Key evidence was buried or hidden from Elliott, and Goodell’s rubber-stamp arbitrator Harold Henderson denied him a chance to examine key notes, or to cross-examine key witnesses. Goodell and the league simply made an example out of Elliott because they needed a public splash on domestic violence, and they trusted in the grim fortress of arbitration law to protect them.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I`m sure someone has posted this by now, but a great article from Washington Post...talks about how right off the bat the Judge seemed pro NFL lawyers and anti NFLPA lawyers. So corrupt

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...0d4f04b89eb_story.html?utm_term=.9cdaf4314187

The judge is a victim of assault herself and her husband helped draft the NFL CBA.

Now I sympathize, and obviously that doesn't make her unfit to preside over cases involving assault, but the combination in this case absolutely would effect her judgement. And the fact is she went against what literally every judge before her said.

toto1939

Reaction score
Well, if we're being fair, we would have to recognize that none other than Jerry Jones himself said Goodell was doing a good job when Goodell was doing to Brady what he is now doing to Elliott.

"(Goodell) is doing an outstanding job" - Jerruh, last year
"I'm all for the power of the Commissioner" - Jerruh, last year

Show me 1 team getting screwed and I'll show you 31 who don't give a damn (or, if anything, enjoy it)
Big difference...Brady was clearly guilty (or you're telling me that a QB can't tell the difference with a deflated ball?)

toto1939

Reaction score
So now...any skank in the US can demand $250,000 from an NFL player or file a complaint which will result in that player losing several times that amount. Environment for blackmail doesn't get better than this.

aikemirv

Reaction score

A part of the article,

Did Failla smile more sweetly and defer to the NFL’s superbly concise litigator Paul Clement right from the outset? She certainly seemed to. Did she appear to suppress more than one eye roll at Kessler’s passionate, verbose and desperately searching arguments? Indeed, she did. “I can read,” she said at one point.

One thing was obvious: Lawyers for NFL players have been arguing against Goodell’s capriciousness for so long that they have become frustrated and hyper-emotional. It doesn’t matter that they are right.

Clearly, Goodell abused his power: He discarded the conclusions of his own investigator Kia Roberts, who recommended no suspension because she found Elliott’s accuser not believable. Key evidence was buried or hidden from Elliott, and Goodell’s rubber-stamp arbitrator Harold Henderson denied him a chance to examine key notes, or to cross-examine key witnesses. Goodell and the league simply made an example out of Elliott because they needed a public splash on domestic violence, and they trusted in the grim fortress of arbitration law to protect them.

Impartiality is all but gone in today's society. We see that everywhere. Judges are as bad as the media. They don't act on the law. They want to make law.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
So now...any skank in the US can demand $250,000 from an NFL player or file a complaint which will result in that player losing several times that amount. Environment for blackmail doesn't get better than this.
And because Goodell is the one who screwed up on the first place (by giving Ray Rice 2 games DESPITE having seen the video), any sort of damning photo of bruises is all that`s needed to prove guilt in his eyes, despite that not proving how they occured. Had he not seen the elevator video, and it came out, the NFL could just have said `This is new information to us, and after review, Ray Rice is suspended indefinitely`, or whatever. And there would be no backlash from the fans, media and SJW because the NFL didn`t know about it. But he had seen it, and still only gave it 2 games....that`s where the outrage started. This is all his fault to begin with, everything he`s done since then is make it worse.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Brady was guilty and caught red-handed...... the only issue was the punishment was much more than any other "equipment violator" ever got...... the others only got fines........plus he argued he was never given notice he could be suspended for such a violation

I mean when you cheat on the field giving you and advantage over the other team what would you expect?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
so is zeke playing or not? um, lawyers? anything? beuhler? beuhler?

As of right now, no.........Zeke is suspended for 6 games effective immediately. His TRO expired and the NY judge denied his request for a PI. The NFLPA has appealed to the 2nd circuit for an emergency injunction and they will issue a ruling based on the papers and will not have any oral arguments according to the latest reports.

Keep in mind this is the hand-picked 2nd circuit court of appeals in NY that the NFL has had a monster hard on to move the case to since the very beginning. The same 2nd circuit that told Brady to get lost, the league can do what it wants.

Wonder what the odds are they are going to rule in Zeke's favor?.................................BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

A part of the article,

Why can everyone else see this but Diehardblues :omg:

Sydla

Reaction score
The judge is a victim of assault herself and her husband helped draft the NFL CBA.

Now I sympathize, and obviously that doesn't make her unfit to preside over cases involving assault, but the combination in this case absolutely would effect her judgement. And the fact is she went against what literally every judge before her said.

Wait?

I haven't read through the entire thread but this judge was a victim of DV herself?

Ghost12

Reaction score
I don’t know man. An incident like Ray Rice, where the video came out in such a manner are rare.

I think people would be fine with the overall approach. They can just say as a general rule, “we leave these matters to those who are fully qualified in investigating these types of incidents and repose our trust in the law. It is out of our hands until this happens. If they deem actions to be inappropriate we will take actions per our well define policy.”

Or some other statement like that.

Only SJW will be offended. Even many of them will still continue to watch the games.
You do have a good point there.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It definitely makes her biased.

How many people have your ever met that experienced something very negative and are now minimally biased about that subject.
I met people that experienced the following and almost all had a biased viewpoint afterwards.
Assualt
Bad experience with a bank.
Bad experience with a Doctor.
Bad experience with a celebrity.

willia451

Reaction score
Everyday that Zeke is not on suspension is another day we all get to spit in the face of the NFL and the powers that be trying to turn the NFL into petticoat junction.

I'm frankly shocked Zeke's been allowed to pull this off for as long as he has.

I guess its standing room only in Victoria's Secret now at AT&T. And don't forget those furry suits for the game.

furry4.jpg

See ya at the convention my furry friends.

Ghost12

Reaction score
But let's ignore that he cheated on field and disrupted the integrity of the GAME itself.
Spoken like someone who believed everything the NFL said on the matter without looking into the actual facts - much like fans of the other 31 are doing with Elliott, did with the Saints, and did with the Dolphins.
I see 2 entirely different situations here.
Right. One's a Cowboy and one isn't.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Spoken like someone who believed everything the NFL said on the matter without looking into the actual facts - much like fans of the other 31 are doing with Elliott, did with the Saints, and did with the Dolphins.

Right. One's a Cowboy and one isn't.

:rolleyes:

Ghost12

Reaction score
Ray Rice took a probation deal from the State and he admitted guilt to the League.... not even close to similar
That's not true. He did not take probation. He took a pre-trial intervention which completely wiped his record clean. He has never been found guilty of a crime and has never even stood trial for a crime.

And while it's true he admitted guilt to the league, I assure you that conversation would have gone differently if the prevailing standard was "you can only suspend someone who was found guilty in court."

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It definitely makes her biased.

How many people have your ever met that experienced something very negative and are now minimally biased about that subject.
I met people that experienced the following and almost all had a biased viewpoint afterwards.
Assualt
Bad experience with a bank.
Bad experience with a Doctor.
Bad experience with a celebrity.

Which is expected, and I can't say that I would remove myself. I'd scream my bias personally speaking regardless of facts, so I get it. But I also didn't make an public statements recusing myself either.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
As I am sure its been mentioned in this thread, the NFL does not need a criminal charge or even an arrest to administer discipline under the personal conduct policy.

If Goddell thinks you did anything to "tarnish the shield" then he can suspend you....................how the NFLPA ever agreed to this, wow:facepalm: