News: PFT: Federal judge reinstates Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
To this one, you could committ murder legally if its part of a CBA. He really believes it. But then again so did this last judge.
Yeah, that would be something if they investigated Lael Collins, and came back and suspended him, saying they believe he committed murder, just because he was in the same city as the victim, and he needs to prove he didn't do it.

So, if Goodell says you're a murderer, then you must be, because article 46 allows him that kind of power. And a NY federal court would back it. What a joke.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have no clue.......either do you........it is the judge lottery

You didn't bet on Crotty or Mazzant siding 100% with Zeke ......... I know I didn't see you peacocking around here
I think we all sense ultimately how it’s going to end regardless of these detours along the way. But yea, I think most saw the injunctions coming. And we might get one more today and the suspension won’t come until next year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yeah I long for the days of Michael Irvin, Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis, Rae Carruth and OJ Simpson
Hey, hold on here.

They were not thugs if you did not hear about what they did.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hey, hold on here.

They were not thugs if you did not hear about what they did.
That’s true. Can’t slam what your not aware of.

This era is much different with the immediate knowledge . No doubt and why players must be more careful living in a bubble.

But I did speak out on Irvin and still do. And the rest of those . OJ didn’t occur until well after his career. I grew up in an era with Landry when we learned of the behavior we released the player.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No you didn't.

The internet did not exist then so it does not count.
Right. There were no means to communicate before the internet. Lol

We had radio talk shows, letter to the editors. Prehistoric means of communication . Ha

And I’ve spoken out on Irvin with his incidents after football on the Internet.

toto1939

Reaction score
So let me get this straight...the latest ruling was from a judge whose husband is a partner at the law firm that helped to write the CBA????

Canon 2 of the Code of Conduct for United States Judges compels all federal judges to avoid not only impropriety but also the appearance of impropriety. From Canon 2: “An appearance of impropriety occurs when reasonable minds, with knowledge of all the relevant circumstances disclosed by a reasonable inquiry, would conclude that the judge’s honesty, integrity, impartiality, temperament, or fitness to serve as a judge is impaired.”

MeTed

Reaction score
I’m in support of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy for its a mechanism in place to discipline players where our Justice system falls short in prosecuting our star athletes which would otherwise get off totally from their inappropriate behavior on and off the field.

I’m also in support of the drug suspensions and any conduct detrimental to the league. I’m just sorry the league stops short in kickin their butts totally out of the league.

But that’s where the owners want their cake and eating it. They want this hoodlum type talent and this PC Policy is there way of allowing it to continue playing by offering a perception they are being tough.

The NFL would be just fine without this 1% of problem athletes we only tolerate because of their talent. If we started kicking them out instead of these suspensions it would send a greater message to all.

I am curious, what makes you feel the NFL is more qualified than legal authorities to conduct DV investigations? Or do the ends simply justify the means?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So let me get this straight...the latest ruling was from a judge whose husband is a partner at the law firm that helped to write the CBA????

Canon 2 of the Code of Conduct for United States Judges compels all federal judges to avoid not only impropriety but also the appearance of impropriety. From Canon 2: “An appearance of impropriety occurs when reasonable minds, with knowledge of all the relevant circumstances disclosed by a reasonable inquiry, would conclude that the judge’s honesty, integrity, impartiality, temperament, or fitness to serve as a judge is impaired.”
yup........ stings don't it?

khiladi

Reaction score
The NFL just needs to get out of the business of personal conduct, outside what is applicable to the sport itself (PEDs, but of course we know they don’t even enforce that rigorously nor does any professional sport) and let the law deal with personal conduct. If the law finds them guilty in criminal court than they can take action, exclusively based on the ruling by the courts.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am curious, what makes you feel the NFL is more qualified than legal authorities to conduct DV investigations? Or do the ends simply justify the means?

See I am not sure how anyone can place that much faith in the NFL, an organization that has clearly shown that they often aren't about fairness and being right and being just but rather what works best for their image, etc?

It's stunning how many people trust the NFL in matters like this. I don't ever want to accuse anyone of being racist, and certainly some players are no saints, but when people just blindly believe the NFL is doing right here, I begin to wonder.

Ghost12

Reaction score
The NFL just needs to get out of the business of personal conduct, outside what is applicable to the sport itself (PEDs, but of course we know they don’t even enforce that rigorously nor does any professional sport) and let the law deal with personal conduct. If the law finds them guilty in criminal court than they can take action, exclusively based on the ruling by the courts.
Not feasible in today's environment. The NFL got reamed for giving Ray Rice "only" 2 games. According to the above, he would have gotten zero.

JBS

Reaction score
Seems like a total hail mary at this point.............. and not the Aaron Rodgers kind of hail mary. More like the Kellen Moore type of hail mary.

Hopefully from the 7 yard line

DenCWBY

Reaction score
See I am not sure how anyone can place that much faith in the NFL, an organization that has clearly shown that they often aren't about fairness and being right and being just but rather what works best for their image, etc?

It's stunning how many people trust the NFL in matters like this. I don't ever want to accuse anyone of being racist, and certainly some players are no saints, but when people just blindly believe the NFL is doing right here, I begin to wonder.
Yep. They believe it until it effects them and/or their own team. Sad part is that there are probably a majority of team owners who enjoying what's going on here to "Americas Team".
There's probably a coup of them giving Goodell new contract consent for sticking it to Jerry. For those thinking that Jerry is going to get help or support with fighting Goodell's new contract, good luck.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not feasible in today's environment. The NFL got reamed for giving Ray Rice "only" 2 games. According to the above, he would have gotten zero.
There inlies the issue. This isn’t about Justice.

This is about presenting a perception to the Networks, Sponsors and fringe fans that the NFL is going to be tough on a socially sensitive offense like DV.