News: PFT: Garrett in Consideration for Duke HC

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett has always been one to pass blame. This year with the Giants he was basically saying that the players were young, not veterans, as if Martin, Frederick and Zeke and so many other players on the Cowboys were old…

Look at how he phrased Rob Ryan’s firing from the Cowboys, when people actually started to catch on to Garrett’s inability to handle the offense.

Basically, the reason why his offense sucked is because of Rob Ryan and that he wasn’t afforded the opportunities by the defense. Over and over again, he and his lackeys, including in the media, blamed the defense. Of course he forgot to mention when Wade was fired after 7 games, the Garrett OFFENSe committed a whopping 19 TOs. And the season Ryan was fired, his offense committed 29 TOs to Ryan’s 17 produced. So why wasn’t Garrett’s logic saying the reason why the defense kept folding is because his offense kept giving the opposing teams offense multiple chances to score?

The Cowboys offense even committed 6 TOs in the game against the Giants and the defense still held them to 29 points and only 293 yards, compared to the 434 yards the Giants defense allowed. We lost 24-29.

That’s what Romo had to work with. Complete abandonment of game plans to go hurry up to bail out this mediocre, arguably one of the worst OC in the history of football, coach..

https://www.nfl.com/news/jason-garrett-lack-of-turnovers-led-to-rob-ryan-firing-0ap1000000130448

And this was the year Jerry Jones basically said that changes were coming, including the firing of Skip Peete. Jones gave Houck a graceful exit and John Garrett wasn’t fired either, like other coaches. He was promoted by our HC and his brother in one season to passing game coordinator.

ironically, those in the organization knew there were issues, which is why they were repeatedly trying to get Sparano back here the season that ultimately started initiated these changes of removing Garrett from play calling. That’s flat admittance that the reason the 2007 season was even successful, was because of Sparano.. but Tony took the Jets HC job.

Like I said, zero historical evidence for Garrett-lackeys to latch onto..

Another personal favorite joke is when they try to give him credit for ‘building the offense’. The offense that was built before he ever arrived. They try to give him credit for the #2 ranked scoring offense in 2007. The one that his predecessors had at #4 the year before. And they ignore the drop off after Sparano left.

Wade saw that he was struggling and tried to bring in Dan Reeves. But Garrett ran to Jerry and cut the knees out from under them. Dysfunction on display.

The verdict is in. Judgement rendered (pun intended) and Garrett was fired after a year and a half of ruining the Giants offense. An offense that was better under Shurmur with several of the same players. It’s not the players as his fans tried to claim. It’s HIM.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett’s lynch mob continues on. Too bad they don’t march on the one constant throughout this era regardless who’s coaching.
th

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett’s lynch mob continues on. Too bad they don’t march on the one constant throughout this era regardless who’s coaching.
th

When you figure out a way to make that change, let us know. Until then, we’ll call a lousy coach and blatant product of nepotism for who and what he is. I’m ‘Great guy’ or not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When you figure out a way to make that change, let us know. Until then, we’ll call a lousy coach and blatant product of nepotism for who and what he is. I’m ‘Great guy’ or not.
We should never take our foot off the pedal placing as much pressure as we can on the one constant throughout this down era in Cowboys history instead of the puppetry HC’s.

Our criticism of Jethro should always be front and center . Garrett shouldn’t receive anymore criticism than the rest of our HC’s this era. As a matter of fact I’d argue he should receive less since his record and success surpassed his more recent predecessors who had much more experience and proven track record in coaching.

Garrett just became the punching bag from years and frustration from our fans instead of our dysfunctional ownership and organization. His tenure was dysfunctional from the onset and the fact he remained HC was an ever embarrassing example even until the end with Jethro trying to weasel a way to keep him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should never take our foot off the pedal placing as much pressure as we can on the one constant throughout this down era in Cowboys history instead of the puppetry HC’s.

How exactly are you doing that? Are you picketing out front of the Star?

Our criticism of Jethro should always be front and center . Garrett shouldn’t receive anymore criticism than the rest of our HC’s this era. As a matter of fact I’d argue he should receive less since his record and success surpassed his more recent predecessors who had much more experience and proven track record in coaching.

And you’d again be wrong. Nobody had the table set for them better than Garrett did. Nobody had more player talent. Nobody had more excuses made for their incompetence. Nobody had more chances when everyone else knew they were the problem. Nobody did less with more than Jason Garrett did.

Garrett just became the punching bag from years and frustration from our fans instead of our dysfunctional ownership and organization. His tenure was dysfunctional from the onset and the fact he remained HC was an ever embarrassing example even until the end with Jethro trying to weasel a way to keep him.

Garrett EARNED his own ridicule. And blaming Jones for his role in it doesn’t absolve Garrett of his.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How exactly are you doing that? Are you picketing out front of the Star?

And you’d again be wrong. Nobody had the table set for them better than Garrett did. Nobody had more player talent. Nobody had more excuses made for their incompetence. Nobody had more chances when everyone else knew they were the problem. Nobody did less with more than Jason Garrett did.

Garrett EARNED his own ridicule. And blaming Jones for his role in it doesn’t absolve Garrett of his.
You do it by constant public pressure . Why would anyone criticize Fans for making our owner the top target? He’s the one who dysfunctionally brought him in and continued to lobby to retain him until the bitter end.

And I’d argue Garrett did do more winning more division titles and playoff games than his recent predecessors cumulatively.
Was it enough , no.

The rest of your thoughts are pure speculative conjecture.

terra

Reaction score
Garrett wasted the careers of several HOF players and other fine players.

Anyone that says otherwise I spit on.

He was NEVER going to accomplish anything important; he was NEVER going to win a championship.

Those milksops trying to defend him in any way have my eternal and complete contempt.

"He did better than his predecessors"
What a total pile of crap. Better than lousy or mediocre is nothing to be proud of; but then this comes from those happy to just make the playoffs and no more.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do it by constant public pressure . Why would anyone criticize Fans for making our owner the top target? He’s the one who dysfunctionally brought him in and continued to lobby to retain him until the bitter end.

I don’t take issue with blaming Jerry for his obvious role in keeping Garrett around. It’s not an either/or thing, it’s a both thing.

And I’d argue Garrett did do more winning more division titles and playoff games than his recent predecessors cumulatively.

And you would lose that argument as always.

Was it enough , no.

There’s a bit of hidden truth.

[quote{The rest of your thoughts are pure speculative conjecture.[/QUOTE]

Elaborate on this comment. I’ll support every single thing I’ve said.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He was NEVER going to accomplish anything important; he was NEVER going to win a championship.

Those milksops trying to defend him in any way have my eternal and complete contempt.

What a total pile of crap. Better than lousy or mediocre is nothing to be proud of; but then this comes from those happy to just make the playoffs and no more.

“He did better than his predecessors” is a cop out at best. It hides in the grey. Like we’re not aware of the situations and circumstances regarding those predecessors. Or what they actually accomplished under those circumstances. And what Garrett failed to do under much better circumstances. Our eyes can see.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t take issue with blaming Jerry for his obvious role in keeping Garrett around. It’s not an either/or thing, it’s a both thing.

And you would lose that argument as always.

There’s a bit of hidden truth.

My last comment speaks for itself . I’m not interested in subjective personal opinions.

My stance was not to defend his coaching abilities.

Garrett’s record stands up to his recent predecessors as stated . Those facts aren’t disputable.

And as far as Jethro it’s all on him. Our entire situation before , during and after Garrett.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My last comment speaks for itself . I’m not interested in subjective personal opinions.

So a bunch of nothing. Got it. Never wonder why you always lose this argument. This is exactly why.

My stance was not to defend his coaching abilities.

Garrett’s record stands up to his recent predecessors as stated . Those facts aren’t disputable.

Also indisputable is your attempts to pass this off while trying to ignore the context and circumstances. You’re not fooling anybody.

And as far as Jethro it’s all on him. Our entire situation before , during and after Garrett.

None of which changes the fact that Garrett was never good at the jobs he was given.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Definition of speculation , conjecture and hearsay which I was referring to:

Actually it was Jethro Jone$ who wasted those talents. He even admitted his biggest regret was not building a better team around Romo.

Better than his predecessors is a correct statement. No opinions of pride was attached. The fact remains it was better.

Garrett obviously had coaching flaws. But did he deserve the brunt of the sword? I’d argue no. He did the best he could within the limits he had. Was it enough , no.

The bigger point is who should ultimately be held responsible. And there’s been only one constant throughout a rather lengthy list of HC’s this era.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So a bunch of nothing. Got it. Never wonder why you always lose this argument. This is exactly why.

Also indisputable is your attempts to pass this off while trying to ignore the context and circumstances. You’re not fooling anybody.

None of which changes the fact that Garrett was never good at the jobs he was given.
Again, this is all subjective conjecture which I’m not arguing.

I stand on his record and the facts presented.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jones incompetence is exemplified no better in hiring Garrett, giving him way too much control, and giving him excuse after excuse after JG failed over and over again. Garrett lackeys are right in pointing at JJ as being the reason to blame... There is no better example of why the Cowboys haven’t succeeded led by Jerry Jones, than in his love for Jason Garrett and keeping him around.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. You hide behind it.
Believe what you will . I stand on the substance of my presentation.

I dont have the power to influence deeply embedded speculative thoughts and not the basis of my argument. But the facts of his record are mathematically indisputable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Believe what you will . I stand on the substance of my presentation.

Which is nothing. Congratulations. I see you hiding.

I dont have the power to influence deeply embedded speculative thoughts and not the basis of my argument. But the facts of his record are mathematically indisputable.

Keep hiding. You fool no one but yourself.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jones incompetence is exemplified no better in hiring Garrett, giving him way too much control, and giving him excuse after excuse after JG failed over and over again. Garrett lackeys are right in pointing at JJ as being the reason to blame... There is no better example of why the Cowboys haven’t succeeded led by Jerry Jones, than in his love for Jason Garrett and keeping him around.
And it’s not the only example we can provide this era.

Romo helped prop up this franchise for years. And we could present an argument Garrett helped influence better personnel and draft decisions at least offensively. But to hold Garrett solely responsible for lack of more success is arguably short sighted or a lazy analysis. Did he have flaws. Of course.

Most of those who are more defensive of Garrett’s era aren’t necessarily defending all of his coaching abilities or his tenure in whole , we just aren’t completely targeting him as he was more a product of the dysfunctional ownership and organization we’ve had this era becoming a target for the disappointment and frustration.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which is nothing. Congratulations. I see you hiding.

Keep hiding. You fool no one but yourself.
Hiding from what. Do you have something to dispute the facts presented or just frustrated I don’t coward to your attempted intimidation. What’s next, insults .