PFT: Goodell could slap Pac

Hailmary

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2326972 said:
We will lose a 6th round pick if he makes it through the year suspension free.

If he is suspended, we regain our 6th and Tenn. has to cough up a 5th rounder.

This is a poss. 2 pick swing in our favor. Ride the pine Pac for the Rams game. :pray: ( I'm a greedy little ******* )

Thx.

Our 6th rd pick was what I was wondering about the most. I also thought that the original terms was the Titans 4th and not their 5th if Pac got into trouble....

Also, wasn't the wording of the deal dependent on the fact that he was reinstated and not so much about him getting suspended? I don't remember....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glazer just said that it could be as easily as low as a fine, but that a suspension was being considered. However, a lifetime ban is not in play. Of course he apologized to the team after a practice.

Strahan cracks me up, said to hire somebody to have Pacman beat up whenever he gets frustrated.

Jimmy said to fire the bodyguard. Pac is a grown man. Needs to act like one.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Werder said some of the teammates doubt Pac's sincerity.

Of course the ESPN panel doesn't think the team can overcome the distractions.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2326941 said:
Thanks,
This is the first I've heard of this but I like it. Make yourself accountable to your teammates Pac, don't let them down and lose their support.

Oh yeah Pac, can you also catch those INTs that are going through your hands, Mr. I can catch punts with 5 balls in my hands/arms. :banghead:

I agree 1000%. The biggest thing that can save AJ from himself is peer pressure. And the 24/7 coverage helps a little. Time to let this play itself out. I'm looking for a 1 game suspension with the word that the next one is for the rest of the year.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2327003 said:
Werder said some of the teammates doubt Pac's sincerity.

Of course the ESPN panel doesn't think the team can overcome the distractions.

Thats odd, on Fox they said Pacman gathered his teammates around after practiced, apologized to the team and rallied them up and got their confidence back.

I guess you take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to pre-game shows.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
You guys are missing a key part of the trade, if Pacman plays "
significant amount of time in 2008, the Titans will get an additional pick from the Cowboys in 2009"
the only thing I can find on us getting a pick back was if he wasn't reinstated at all. I doubt that the titans would have traded him with the clause that if he got SUSPENDED AFTER HE GOT REINSTATED they would lose anything if they did they are the biggest idiots in the NFL bar none.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269;2327035 said:
You guys are missing a key part of the trade, if Pacman plays " the only thing I can find on us getting a pick back was if he wasn't reinstated at all. I doubt that the titans would have traded him with the clause that if he got SUSPENDED AFTER HE GOT REINSTATED they would lose anything if they did they are the biggest idiots in the NFL bar none.
Per Adam from a JJT thread in the Daily Zone.

AdamJT13;2326302 said:
The sixth-rounder definitely is conditional upon his availability for all 16 games. The fifth just depends on whether he gets suspended again, although whether the length of the suspension matters wasn't specified in the reports.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-04-23-jones-trade_N.htm

— If Jones is available or on injured reserve for 16 games in 2008, the Titans will also get a sixth-round pick from the Cowboys in 2009. Jones doesn't have to play in the games; he just can't be suspended.​

— If Jones isn't reinstated, the Titans will send a fourth-round draft pick back to the Cowboys in 2009. If Jones is reinstated and suspended again for another matter, the Titans will send a fifth-round pick to the Cowboys in 2009.​

jksmith269

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2327040 said:
Per Adam from a JJT thread in the Daily Zone.

Then that makes them the biggest IDIOTS in the NFL bar none.

WG this was left out of your post from the article:

There are conditions attached to the trade related to Jones being reinstated and how much he plays for the Cowboys, according to sources familiar with the situation

I wonder what the actual trade said, not what someone familiar with the situation and then relayed to a reporter...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I seriously doubt we get draft choices should he be suspended. I don't care what it reads. The Commissioner would hopefully take action as that is definitely not in the spirit of the agreement. And I doubt that's the only verbage in there pertinent to this issue.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2327056 said:
I seriously doubt we get draft choices should he be suspended. I don't care what it reads. The Commissioner would hopefully take action as that is definitely not in the spirit of the agreement. And I doubt that's the only verbage in there pertinent to this issue.

That was with the trade from the titans in the trade if Pacman got suspended this season we would get draft picks.

jksmith269

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2327065 said:
That was with the trade from the titans in the trade if Pacman got suspended this season we would get draft picks.

Show me something from the NFL after Pac was traded that states we get a pick back if he's suspended again then I'll believe it...

what adam quoted was before the trade happened and was from someone with knowledge of the sitituation...

anyone know where to find the actual trade clauses?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
if PacMan f ups again, instead of disciplining him

just put him in a room w/ Leonard Davis

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The league should suspend A. Jones for one game. Mainly to give the cowboys some picks :laugh2:. Jerry should promote the bodyguard if this does happen.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
“If this was any of a lot of players who don’t have issues, it’s a non-issue, it’s nothing,” said one of the sources. “But this guy was given strict instruction. (The commissioner) didn’t want to hear about anything with (Jones). Nothing, not one little bit, because everybody was telling him that Jones would get in trouble again.

This kid needs to stay home. Period. He has way to much to lose right now.:bang2: