PFT: Gregory was not lined up in the neutral zone

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Gregory is still in the neutral zone AT THE SNAP which is a penalty and the pic shows it plainly but board's useless conspiracy theorists buckle down with more denying, loool.

What was that stroke of genius you came up with before? "I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, but rather there's a clear effort to undermine the Cowboys by the league! Can I please discuss it??

Brilliant.
Liar liar liar :p

I never said anything about any clear effort nor any effort at all by the league. Pay attention. I’ll state what I said again and you’re friend will look it up to confirm.

I believe there’s enough evidence, in the form of rare streaks(no holding steaks, 5 of the 30 no penalty games since 2000) and unique calls(illegal procedure on a long snapper, illegal sub on Butler), to have a discussion about the possibility that some refs(people) may have a bias and let that bias creep into their judgement. Occasionally.

Let’s add this flag being thrown late. Why wasn’t it thrown at the snap?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
1. At the 12:19 mark you see the sideline judge standing directly over the neutral zone, which is perfectly referenced visually by the blue line.

2. Prior to the snap Gregory's helmet is clearly in the neutral zone (for the conspiracy dummies, go look up the definition I already provided for you straight from the NFL Rule Book).

3. A flag cannot be thrown prior to the snap because it's a PRE-SNAP penalty and a player that is in the neutral zone is allowed to move out of it before the snap without it being a penalty PER THE NFL Rule Book. So by definition the flag is going to be thrown AFTER the snap geniuses, smh. It's basically a free play for the offense.

Once again, the hallmark of the conspiracy crowd is that they are willfully ignorant, ignoring the available information that would inform and correct their blatantly stupid claims.

These types treat their conspiracies and paranoia like pets, because it provides comfort and helps them cope with things they can't understand; they don't want to be corrected.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
1. At the 12:19 mark you see the sideline judge standing directly over the neutral zone, which is perfectly referenced visually by the blue line.

2. Prior to the snap Gregory's helmet is clearly in the neutral zone (for the conspiracy dummies, go look up the definition I already provided for you straight from the NFL Rule Book).

3. A flag cannot be thrown prior to the snap because it's a PRE-SNAP penalty and a player that is in the neutral zone is allowed to move out of it before the snap without it being a penalty PER THE NFL Rule Book. So by definition the flag is going to be thrown AFTER the snap geniuses, smh. It's basically a free play for the offense.

Once again, the hallmark of the conspiracy crowd is that they are willfully ignorant, ignoring the available information that would inform and correct their blatantly stupid claims.

These types treat their conspiracies and paranoia like pets, because it provides comfort and helps them cope with things they can't understand; they don't want to be corrected.

:lmao2:

Still going with this trash? Good grief..

This guy probably coaches the under 6 pee wee team in his local nowhere town and is notorious for yelling at referees and tripping the other teams kids. Lol

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Why was it thrown 3 seconds after the snap? That’s long time.

Your brain is conspiring with your hand to make you seem stupid.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Why was it thrown 3 seconds after the snap? That’s long time.

Your brain is conspiring with your hand to make you seem stupid.

So, your entire dimwitted theory hinges on the ref throwing the flag in an amount of time you didn't like?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Keep reading the thread.
So am I wrong in assuming that the blue line is put up on the screen while the ball is lying on the field, yet untouched by the center? And doesn't that blue line designate exactly where the ball was at the time, proving that the center pulled the ball back a few inches (as they nearly always do), and isn't Gregory's head almost fully within that blue line? I don't see how it can be any clearer without shooting a bullet down the edge of that line and seeing if Gregory's head explodes.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Liar liar liar :p

I never said anything about any clear effort nor any effort at all by the league. Pay attention. I’ll state what I said again and you’re friend will look it up to confirm.

I believe there’s enough evidence, in the form of rare streaks(no holding steaks, 5 of the 30 no penalty games since 2000) and unique calls(illegal procedure on a long snapper, illegal sub on Butler), to have a discussion about the possibility that some refs(people) may have a bias and let that bias creep into their judgement. Occasionally.

Let’s add this flag being thrown late. Why wasn’t it thrown at the snap?

Loooool, you're lying out your rear!!!!

You absolutely claimed their was a league-wide concerted effort in a past thread where, go figure, you were crying about some supposed biased call made against the Cowboys.

That's the thing about you mental midgets. You literally claim and argue that there is a conspiracy but you don't want to own it and your little tender heart gets offended when you get called-out for what you are.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So am I wrong in assuming that the blue line is put up on the screen while the ball is lying on the field, yet untouched by the center? And doesn't that blue line designate exactly where the ball was at the time, proving that the center pulled the ball back a few inches (as they nearly always do), and isn't Gregory's head is almost fully within that blue line? I don't see how it can be any clearer without shooting a bullet down the edge of that line and seeing if Gregory's head explodes.

The blue line is placed when the ref first relocates the ball after a down. The side judge on either side of the field effectively straddles the ball (i.e. the neutral zone). This is all shown at 12:19 just before the play in question and is consistent with everything that's been discussed in the thread. I believe the refs give the center some leeway in pulling the ball back a bit (because it doesn't provide an advantage) as long as he's not over and past the neutral zone. I should add, if the center did pull the ball back a bit from where it was originally placed, it only makes Gregory's encroachment into the neutral zone even more egregious.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
thanks that is very late for an offsides

Awwww, are you confused with the difference between offside and a neutral zone infraction?

Once again, (and it keeps getting proven with every post from them) the conspiracy crowd are so sincerely ignorant.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Loooool, you're lying out your rear!!!!

You absolutely claimed their was a league-wide concerted effort in a past thread where, go figure, you were crying about some supposed biased call made against the Cowboys.

That's the thing about you mental midgets. You literally claim and argue that there is a conspiracy but you don't want to own it and your little tender heart gets offended when you get called-out for what you are.
Liar. Provide a link. :dance:

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
Do
If the spot was at the 50, yes he was. If you look at the photo, he's the ONLY Cowboy over the 50, and by good margin. The blue line for the line of scrimmage cannot overlay the white line marker because it needs a green background so that too tells me the LOS was probably the 50.

Don't look at the blue or white line, look at the ball.. I'm sure that's what Gregory was looking at...

kskboys

Reaction score
I mentioned this yesterday. What really bugs me about the call is the situation and the fact that the ref had time to think about it. It's third and five so the ref KNEW he was basically granting them a huge first down. You're inserting yourself into the game at that point.

So basically, the ref has to be right and it has to be egregious to call it. And that clearly was not the case. Guy probably line up in that position 50 times in a game and the ref decided to call it at that time?!? It was terrible.
He had been close to it all night. But, no, his hand is not across the point where the ball is.

Plus, don't miss the fact that the Center takes the ball and moves it slightly forward when he grabs it.

No, he did not line up in the neutral zone. Horrific call.

Edit: Never mind, I'm not getting into this one. Didn't look like it to me, but Gregory needs to be more careful. Pull back a couple inches and don't make it close.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Right. You’re lying like I said. ;)

Or is it just another mistake because you don’t pay attention very well?

Let's do this together little guy.

You go fetch all the game threads and I'll sift through them.

Fetch!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He had been close to it all night. But, no, his hand is not across the point where the ball is.

Plus, don't miss the fact that the Center takes the ball and moves it slightly forward when he grabs it.

No, he did not line up in the neutral zone. Horrific call.

Why are you looking at just his hand? Where are you seeing the center moving the ball forward?