PFT: Hurts's contract makes it easy to trade him

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Look, I hate the Eagles as much as the next person but some of these reports are reckless.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...asy-for-eagles-to-trade-jalen-hurts-in-theory

Contract makes it easy for Eagles to trade Jalen Hurts, in theory​

Published January 23, 2024 01:42 PM

Plenty of time has been spent over the past week on the question of whether coach Nick Sirianni will be back with the Eagles. There’s another question that has yet to be explored.

Will quarterback Jalen Hurts return?

While there’s no specific reason to believe the Eagles or Hurts are ready for a fresh start, the general sense of dysfunction within the locker room seemed palpable toward the end of the season. It feels like something big happened, something we don’t know about. Something we might never know about. Whatever it was/is could be enough, in theory, to make the team or the player interested in making a change.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
$82M Guaranteed in the next two years with potential guarantees of $50M more the following two years. Good luck finding someone to pick that contract up.
Now, if the Eagles eat some of the guaranteed money, Hurts might be tradeable. However, Hurts has zero incentive to waive the no-trade clause unless he will get even more money.

The only realistic way the Eagles trade Hurts is for the Eagles to throw in high draft picks to a team willing to accept Hurts and his present contract.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
No way this happens in 2024 however with the truly ridiculous hauls they got for Bradford then Wentz (I was told lightening doesn't strike twice).......who knows.

Reactions: CWR

Staubacher

Reaction score
Would be nice to have management that was willing to change things even after recent success rather than repeat the same mistakes for decades

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Why would they trade Hurts? I hope he stinks his whole career but it’s absurd to think getting rid of Hurts makes the Eagles better.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Would be nice to have management that was willing to change things even after recent success rather than repeat the same mistakes for decades
Philly hasn’t changed anything yet except for a couple of terrible coordinators, one of whom was already a lame duck. We let a coordinator go last year.

Lurie isn’t going anywhere
Siriani isn’t going anywhere
Hurts isn’t going anywhere

That article is clickbait. Grats!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I hate Philly but this talk is so stupid. He was an All Pro just two years ago. They want to fire everyone. Just stupidity.

And anyone who would trade for Hurts right now is stupid as well.
What they've done seems to work pretty well.

Much better than the way Jerry and his unlimited patience and forever taking decision making has been working.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's an interesting deal because those option bonuses were guaranteed at signing. So at signing he had guarantees of $110MM. When you look at over the cap and Spotrac, they seem to indicate any trade includes a massive dead money hit but I am not sure that's accurate. Since the option bonuses are paid in the future, the team acquiring him would have to take on those option bonuses, I believe. Ergo, they have to eat those cap hits, not Philly.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Cut Dak and trade them Lance and our 3rd for him. I am kidding.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What they've done seems to work pretty well.

Much better than the way Jerry and his unlimited patience and forever taking decision making has been working.
This ain’t about what they’ve done this is about suggesting they should cut him and Philly isn’t that stupid.