PFT implies Watson punishment should be no more than Jerry, Kraft or Sydner

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
he got paid..... and? Even if he gets suspended for 6 games, he will still have gotten paid. And 20 of the woman got paid.
What if he hadnt gotten the new deal from the Browns... that somehow changes things in your mind? If so, how is him getting paid relevant to any of these charges or his punishment?

If Joe Schmuck had assaulted some woman and got a 6 month jail sentence yet he was unemployed, would that somehow lesson his jail sentence or is punishment now ONLY about money?

never said it was i responded to someone saying "Time served" for the year he was "not paid" saying it cant be time served because he was paid. As i said in the next comment the punishement will have nothing to do with what actually did or didnt happen it will be about sponsors and image...never said i thought it was the right thing to do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
District attorneys are politicians too. They don't get a pass. You should know people can pull strings with those offices. I'm not even an attorney and I've seen it happen.
Right. Ultimately these DA’s know that they’d need 12 jurors to convict which is very difficult to popular celebrities and athletes .

The fact a grand jury doesn’t indict doesn’t mean a crime hasn’t been committed.

Most of these celebrity cases end up in Civil Court. And or end up settling as Watson has on 20 of these lawsuits already which is in a way an admission of some wrongdoing or responsibility of neglect.

kskboys

Reaction score
Right. Ultimately these DA’s know that they’d need 12 jurors to convict which is very difficult to popular celebrities and athletes .

The fact a grand jury doesn’t indict doesn’t mean a crime hasn’t been committed.

Most of these celebrity cases end up in Civil Court. And or end up settling as Watson has on 20 of these lawsuits already which is in a way an admission of some wrongdoing or responsibility of neglect.
On the last part, not necessarily. Go away money is not an admission of wrongdoing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Another thing to consider-

Some of these encounters Watson has described as consensual. That doesn't sound far off from prostitution, which is illegal in Texas, right?
Yep

The fact the Texans reserved a Houston hotel with massage tables and had these girls sign a consent form would suggest they knew what was going on.

And why they have been named in this latest lawsuit.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
never said it was i responded to someone saying "Time served" for the year he was "not paid" saying it cant be time served because he was paid. As i said in the next comment the punishement will have nothing to do with what actually did or didnt happen it will be about sponsors and image...never said i thought it was the right thing to do.

Gotcha I missed some of that comment. I do believe he was already punished. IM not sure how getting stuck in the corner for an entire year, even thugh he was paid, is not punishment. It is a ... well damn, we need to punish him now, but we cant punish him now using the CBA, so lets just sit him. He was being punished. There is no other way to look at it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Disagree on that. This, and Reid1boys' like, are why people are saying you guys think massage therapists are prostitutes.

What on earth makes you think you can touch them with your ***** and it's no big deal? Because they work on a knot in your shoulders?
C'mooooooon, J, you're twisting. I said it was a crime, just not assault, and you know it. I also have said repeatedly that it is unacceptable behavior. Please stop twisting things.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Gotcha I missed some of that comment. I do believe he was already punished. IM not sure how getting stuck in the corner for an entire year, even thugh he was paid, is not punishment. It is a ... well damn, we need to punish him now, but we cant punish him now using the CBA, so lets just sit him. He was being punished. There is no other way to look at it.
Punishment with pay especially since he was able to negotiate a quarter billion deal afterwards doesn’t look like much punishment. At least not to the league . Which is only one that’s matters.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
C'mooooooon, J, you're twisting. I said it was a crime, just not assault, and you know it. I also have said repeatedly that it is unacceptable behavior. Please stop twisting things.
and what Ive been saying is basically none of us know exactly what happened. BUT the fact there are so many woman almost forces Watson to settle. They all have the same lawyer??? how did that happen? all these woman from different parts of the country got the same lawyer? So you dont think that lawyer didnt get the word out about this case and then woman started meeting with him and pow, another case?

Were crimes committed? maybe, maybe not. BUT, only thing factual is hes not been charged.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Punishment with pay especially since he was able to negotiate a quarter billion deal afterwards doesn’t look like much punishment. At least not to the league . Which is only one that’s matters.

not so fast.... right now the only one that matters is the retired judge hearing the arbitration case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
On the last part, not necessarily. Go away money is not an admission of wrongdoing.
You are wanting to make it go away. And you don’t want it settled in court. I agree, not necessarily but I think most would see it as a responsibility of some wrongdoing .

I imagine most would say Watson while not possibly admitting any criminal acts his conduct wasn’t completely on the up and up. Which is where the neglect and wrong doing come into play.

Don’t place yourself in vulnerable situations . Watsons definitely was pushing boundaries .

kskboys

Reaction score
and what Ive been saying is basically none of us know exactly what happened. BUT the fact there are so many woman almost forces Watson to settle. They all have the same lawyer??? how did that happen? all these woman from different parts of the country got the same lawyer? So you dont think that lawyer didnt get the word out about this case and then woman started meeting with him and pow, another case?

Were crimes committed? maybe, maybe not. BUT, only thing factual is hes not been charged.
And I don't agree w/ his actions. I also don't agree w/ bad hygiene and cursing in public, but I wouldn't put people in jail for it. And no, I am not comparing these things to what Watson did. Not sure there is a comparison.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
not so fast.... right now the only one that matters is the retired judge hearing the arbitration case.
Unless she doesn’t render a decision closer to what the league is arguing. Then Goodell steps in .

This is not our justice system at work.

kskboys

Reaction score
You are wanting to make it go away. And you don’t want it settled in court. I agree, not necessarily but I think most would see it as a responsibility of some wrongdoing .

I imagine most would Watson while not possibly admitting any criminal acts his conduct wasn’t completely on the up and up. Which is where the neglect and wrong doing come into play.

Don’t place yourself in vulnerable situations . Watsons definitely was pushing boundaries .
Incorrect again. I'm not wanting anything. I'm not a Browns fan, so my care factor is very low. I'm only interested in the psychology of it.

Watson should be punished, and steps should be taken to see that he refrains from this stuff in the future, or hires ones who are willing to do what he wants. I don't agree w/ the courts dropping the case. I believe they should've charged him w/ a misdemeanor, secksual misconduct or something like that. I believe he should be suspended for a season for his weird, unacceptable actions.

Some want him beheaded. That is what I disagree w/.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unless she doesn’t render a decision closer to what the league is arguing. Then Goodell steps in .

This is not our justice system at work.
Is this an NFL arbitration? If it is, there is generally an agreement in place that both sides accept the ruling.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I’m not sure why this is pertinent . Crimes aren’t needed to violate the Personal Conduct Policy.

And best of my knowledge all of this happened in Houston. Lawyers, like in most of these Class Action suits was looking for more potential assailants to testify .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Incorrect again. I'm not wanting anything. I'm not a Browns fan, so my care factor is very low. I'm only interested in the psychology of it.

Watson should be punished, and steps should be taken to see that he refrains from this stuff in the future, or hires ones who are willing to do what he wants. I don't agree w/ the courts dropping the case. I believe they should've charged him w/ a misdemeanor, secksual misconduct or something like that. I believe he should be suspended for a season for his weird, unacceptable actions.

Some want him beheaded. That is what I disagree w/.
I didn’t mean you were wanting. I was referring to Watson.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. Agree. I'm sure he wishes this was not happening. He most likely has an addiction and needs medical help.
He’s been a stud athlete since high school. Typical high profile who has probably got away with about anything .

But he could have a more serious problem. It’s possibly why the Texans were trying to guard him by renting out a Houston hotel room and having these girls sign off. Texans knew the potential liability.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is this an NFL arbitration? If it is, there is generally an agreement in place that both sides accept the ruling.
Both sides agreed to arbitrator but both sides can appeal . And guess who holds the last word. Goodell

This arbitration was just to take initial heat off of Roger . And the league is hopeful she will render a decision which is aligned with their argument.