News: PFT: Jason Garrett: Fired or not fired?

CWR

Reaction score
There is NO DOUBT, with Tannehil, teams couldnt stack the line. With sorry Marriota, teams stacked the line. Clearly Tannehill was why the run game improved.

Tannehill could never stay healthy in Miami. His last year , I think it was his last, dude tore his ACL rolling out without being touched.....................in PRACTICE during training camp.

He missed 3 games his first 5 seasons and then 6 last year. Overall thats not terrible. I was suprised though to see he was better than I expected prior to the injuries. Im also suprised to see how Tannehill ranked after taking over in Tennessee. No doubt the QB position is the most important position in all of professional sports. I also saw what happen to the Colts the year Manning went down and what happened to Dallas without Romo (prior to Daks rookie season)

Im a proponent of getting the best possible coach and tagging Dak. Give that coach a year to evaluate Dak on his team. Then go from there. Maybe even more importantly we need a defensive coordinator.

cellarrodent

Reaction score
I think Marvin Lewis might be a good fit here? The amount of **** he had to put up with in Cinci and the owner Brown...perfect! He won't win anything, not at all a high profile coach, looking for his final payday, and JJ gets to be the secret coach still... I heard he'd also consider Hue Jackson as the OC...perhaps the "worst" possible OC, so another perfect fit for JJ and the cowboys! Just more of the same dysfunctional BS moving forward... Not much worth routing for in DC with this ownership intact...same ol ****!

CB61

Reaction score
Not exactly. Technically, he (JG) had the 2nd most wins in franchise history. He wasn't the "2nd winningest HC". Barry Switzer has the highest win %. In fact, Garrett was middle of the pack as far as win % which, considering his longer tenure, is certainly a more honest representation of his performance.

enhance

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/coaches.htm

Garrett was the definition of mediocre. While wins, & %'s tell part of the story, the playoff columns tell the rest of the story.
In my book any way it does