News: PFT: Jerry Jones anticipates "a lot of ramifications on cap" due to Sunday Ticket verdict

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It was the first thought I had when the news dropped. There are some big contracts being handed out. How unfortunate would it be if 2025 saw a decrease in salary cap, as opposed to the increase everyone is banking on? It is based on net revenue, and losing 10 figures in a lawsuit is a big blow. Jerry would come out looking like a genius if he weathered the storm and signed his guys at the number he wants, and also has the money to bring in free agents, while his opposition is handicapped with bloated salaries. Interesting...

JBS

Reaction score
I bet it’s more of a talking point for owners in contract negotiations than it actually has an effect on the cap.

The Sunday ticket situation will be appealed for years as the NFLs lawyers will delay delay delay unless things go their way.
Yet these gumps eat his nonsense up

They never learn

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Great. Another excuse big and little to use to cover up their incompetence

J12B

Reaction score
Players would only be required to take a hit if the NFLPA was involved in negotiating the ST deal.

From my understanding, it was the owners and the league who decided how the ST deal would be structured. If that's the case the owners and the league should 100% eat the cost of their errors.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Even If a judgement was made today the NFL wouldn't pay for at least ten years as the attorneys take a larger and larger percentage of the settlement.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This, plus the dead coaching money problem, has the league on the verge of going bust.

gtb1943

Reaction score
One must remember when you lose a civil case, the money has to be put in escrow depending on the outcome of appeal. The NFL will have to put that money in a secured account awaiting the legal process end. so that money is effectively out of reach of the NFL until the court case is all over or they settle.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It was the first thought I had when the news dropped. There are some big contracts being handed out. How unfortunate would it be if 2025 saw a decrease in salary cap, as opposed to the increase everyone is banking on? It is based on net revenue, and losing 10 figures in a lawsuit is a big blow. Jerry would come out looking like a genius if he weathered the storm and signed his guys at the number he wants, and also has the money to bring in free agents, while his opposition is handicapped with bloated salaries. Interesting...
What if Jerry was the one who sued the league using conduit so his name wouldn't be attached? Wow. He could be steps ahead of everyone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What? $55 mil a year? Dak and Tad can't live off that! WTH. Besides, them diapers down in TX are expensive.

Why is JJ trying to keep the man down with such a low ball offer.
I thought you’d be thrilled. It will give you 3 or 4 more years of hating Dak. Other than Dak posts, you’re silent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I suppose this ruling could be used as leverage for the owners . But I’m not sure how this would impact the Cap if it does at all.

Goodell is already promoting NFL to adopt a 18 game schedule with 2 bye weeks and SB being played on Presidents Holiday weekend .

And they will probably need to anty up on the players share which is currently at 48.5 percent until 2030 when next collective bargaining agreement is due .

I’d expect the players negotiating for an increase in their share which will probably exceed 49% which will increase the Cap significantly with revenue sharing.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They have had these types of issues before and the cap hits are spread out well into the future.
It hasn't stopped a single team other than Dallas from signing their QB.