News: PFT: Jerry Jones anticipates "a lot of ramifications on cap" due to Sunday Ticket verdict

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
well I think what the owners would do is just take part of each years cap to pay for the players share, or for all of it lol.
The 48 % is probably the cap, which is why cap goes up each year, but now some of that has to be given back due to the lawsuit.
Yeah I don’t think they can legally do that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Honestly though its a decent starting point for their side to begin negotiating. There are a lot of methods of negotiating but I would say the two most well known ones are to either open up with a best offer and not budge on the big points (this actually can work if it really is a good offer) or you open up with the most justifiably favorable offer to your side and work from there to come together.
It would have been a best effort starting point a month ago. Now it just insulting and a waste of time.
If they hadn't already offered 55M before then we see just how clueless and behind they are.

I am fine with them making a talent versus cost decision, but this looks like flat incompetence

plymkr

Reaction score
What? $55 mil a year? Dak and Tad can't live off that! WTH. Besides, them diapers down in TX are expensive.

Why is JJ trying to keep the man down with such a low ball offer.
Exactly, if fans expect Tad to live off 55 million a year with all his accomplishments then they’re delusional.