News: PFT: Jerry Jones: Cowboys may do "something special" to sign a veteran free agent

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There are strong rumblings over the weekend that the Cowboys being connected to Ramsey
I'm just using simple logic IF AND THAT'S A BIG IF it's something big as being reported, it is a day one plug-and-play player expected to make a huge impact. But as I was corrected earlier, Jerry says it's a free agent.......that would rule out Ramsey.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
This is Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy all rolled into an alcohol induced stupor. If this guy wasn’t the owner/president/GM of the Cowboys, and he was just some delusional rich guy waxing on, we would probably feel sorry for him.
A fragile ego leads to attempts to distort reality

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ramsey IF the asking price is right, Im ok with, not giddy. I don't wanna trade my 26th pick.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Jerry at his most dangerous…desperate to do something to keep the Cowboys relevant in the NFL landscape.
I think Jerry wants Dallas at 9+ wins a year, so the attendance and merchandise keeps steady. If Dallas gets lucky and wins a SB then all the better. First priority is consistent relevance because that makes him steady money and pays off the stadium. That is why he is against risk nowadays. Risky moves upsets the consistency model that sustains his profits.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Jerry wants Dallas at 9+ wins a year, so the attendance and merchandise keeps steady. If Dallas gets lucky and wins a SB them all the better. First priority is consistent relevance because that makes him steady money and pays off the stadium. That is why he is against risk nowadays. Risky moves upsets the consistency model that sustains his profits.
well said and accurate I think.

slick325

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys marketing machine cranks its engines the 1st day of the Combine every year.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Jerrys old as can be. He probably means free agency in general. He can’t come out and say oh we’re looking at a big trade. Hard to determine with his ole brain

Carson

Reaction score
Jerrys old as can be. He probably means free agency in general. He can’t come out and say oh we’re looking at a big trade. Hard to determine with his ole brain
True

But Jerry and Stephen always “hint” at doing what it takes and willing to make moves. Then they just don’t lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is "something special" like "special sauce", talk about spinning. What does that mean?

Those that think he's given up control to the lucky sperm, does that look like it? His son has used just the opposite the last few off seasons. His son still does the busy work, the stuff Booger doesn't want to do, but this is one man's team. And he wants us to know that.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm just using simple logic IF AND THAT'S A BIG IF it's something big as being reported, it is a day one plug-and-play player expected to make a huge impact. But as I was corrected earlier, Jerry says it's a free agent.......that would rule out Ramsey.
Yes, he would be via trade. Don't think they want to give up draft capital for any player, which brings us back to OBJ as the player he is discussing. Perhaps Bobby Wagner as I'm hearing they aren't close in meeting Lve's demands.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
That Ramsey thing is a whole bunch of nothing….it’s a rumor based on an article by Jeff Howe that says teams think Ramsey would be a “good fit” on the cowboys. That’s the whole thing. It’s not rumors of the cowboys being interested, there being talks or anything substantial at all. A huge nothing burger.

Beyond like 3-4 teams what team wouldn’t Ramsey be a “good fit” on?. Just silly that that’s being picked up and ran with as real news

Kingofholland

Reaction score
New York minute sounds like an OBJ hint. Or maybe they're eyeing Golladay, haha