News: PFT: Jerry Jones: Cowboys will "pay some price" by using rookie Tyler Smith at left tackle

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think Dak is the one who will pay a price with Smith at LT., and McG at LG. . ..but I get it. Jerry will feel his pain. Amazing how an injury to an often injured LT has blindsided this FO and scrambling one week from the start of the season. Shows how inept these buffoons are. We've been saying this since the end of last season.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I think Dak is the one who will pay a price with Smith at LT., and McG at LG. . ..but I get it. Jerry will feel his pain. Amazing how an injury to an often injured LT has blindsided this FO and scrambling one week from the start of the season. Shows how inept these buffoons are. We've been saying this since the end of last season.
Tyler Smith?
giphy.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well when his 40 million dollar QB gets his head ripped off just maybe he will realize that there may actually be someone else out there that's better for this job.

Ha, right.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The price paid is wins.

It is the vet teams that have the most success in playoffs.

Only Jimmy knew how to win championships with kids.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
IMO, the plan is going to be to use Zeke as a pass blocker and have TE's aggressively chip off the line. Dak is going to be the one to pay the price but I think its going to be more subtle than him just getting sacked constantly. With less people going out for passes, there aren't going to be many open receivers and its going to make Dak look bad throwing.

I also expect to see a ton of short routes and throws, which again, Dak is going to get grief for.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
IMO, the plan is going to be to use Zeke as a pass blocker and have TE's aggressively chip off the line. Dak is going to be the one to pay the price but I think its going to be more subtle than him just getting sacked constantly. With less people going out for passes, there aren't going to be many open receivers and its going to make Dak look bad throwing.

I also expect to see a ton of short routes and throws, which again, Dak is going to get grief for.
This has got to be the game plan vs the Bucs.
Hopefully we sign Peters and he starts game 2,
and we can then open up the playbook/gameplan again.

exciter

Reaction score
He’s lying again.

You don’t sign Peters and keep Smith at LT. If that’s your plan, save the cap.
That’s exactly what they’re thinking. Basic reasoning skills, you don’t put him at tackle and then shuffle him back inside 4 or 5 weeks from now when Peters is finally in playing shape. Peters is the swing unless someone gets hurt or Smith is a complete disaster at tackle!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
"Can win" and "win enough" are two very different things Jerry.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
OL success or lack thereof will be determinant for even getting into postseason.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

This is why Jerry doesn't understand what it takes to win even though he says he wants to win. Teams that plan to contend for championships aren't willing to "pay some price" that could keep them from doing it. They make moves to try to shore up weak spots instead.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Dialing down this offense doesnt have to mean slowing it down.
If anyone gets exposed first it will be Moore, because he has the exact talent that he needs to execute a shorter intermediate attack offensively.
Its up to Dak just like every player to execute the assignment.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Jerry has never liked his football IQ being questioned.

Unlike Stephen who just doesn't care.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Jerry's plan to win via field goals is hilarious.

Last edited: