News: PFT: Jerry Jones is "a big proponent" of an 18-game regular season

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For me was not a big fan of adding extra game last season to 17. I will say I think if you expand the season it makes more sense to have an even number of home and away games than some teams having 1 less home game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jerry would favor a 52 game schedule...

Actually Jerry said he would not favor any more games that 18. He was asked about 20 games and said he would not be in favor of it. Not sure how many owners are in favor of adding extra game.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I actually agree with him. Add one game, add a second bye week… Boom, TV contract goes up by two weeks worth…Some players and fans will whine about safety, like they did when he went from 16 to 17, or 14 to 16,…

I don’t care… Give me two weeks worth of more football, and more importantly, reduce the longest off-season in professional sports by two weeks.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
What a shock ....
. Jerry wants another game to sell his 14 dollar Pepsi

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Preseason becoming as useless as the Pro Bowl now.
I think it's been that way for a while now. The preseason seems to be an easy revenue stream for the NFL as they get fans who have been football deprived for 7-8 months to watch the worst version of what the league has to offer. Preseason is 90% a game of backups playing in base defenses all game.

The only real bonus to the preseason is it allows the league to test out things like new rule changes.

MS17

Reaction score
A few months ago, I read that someone said the matter "is not about the money. It's about How Much money and then a decision will come."
TV ads during games have increased this year already, and we never hear about that. NFL is huge, huge business.

Mr_437

Reaction score
We know Jerry is greedy.
After going to 17 I have no desire to see 18.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
16 was more than enough, that extra 1-2 game is only profitable for Jerry and the rest of his bloodsucking billionaire friends. Who wants to watch a healthy team in the playoffs anyway when you can lose key starters during those moronic, useless extra games instead. More injuries for the players, a lesser product for us and or course more money for the old vampires, what's not to like.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yesterday's game should have been proof to everyone that the season is too long.

Injuries piling up for a playoff team against a team that isn't playing for anything but pride. This doesn't help the product on the field in the playoffs.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If I were the players, I would just say no. This is too tough a game to be making the season longer.

2 more games is 12.5% more injuries, 12.5% more concussions and 12.5% more wear and tear on a body that by the time you retire is just worn down and creates many quality of life problems!