News: PFT: Jerry Jones is disappointed, but still proud of Rolando McClain

NewsBot

Reaction score
Amid reports that the Cowboys’ coaches want to get rid of Rolando McClain, owner and G.M. Jerry Jones is standing by the troubled linebacker. Jones acknowledged that he’s not happy that McClain got suspended for the first 10 games of the season for a violation of the league’s substance abuse policy, but that isn’t going…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2400933&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I understand why he's proud. He got a new contract when he shouldve been jobless and got more money than he was worth. Plus he only got suspended 10 games Instead of 16.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry does himself no favor when he vainly attempts to justify awarding contracts to players like Rolando . . . it fools nobody. His insistence upon neglecting to take disciplinary action on him puts a curse on a team that desperately needs to demand better standards of conduct for its players.

Last edited:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Well, it's Jerry's money, but if JG has to keep him then he should park him on the bench.

LittleD

Reaction score
Well, it's Jerry's money, but if JG has to keep him then he should park him on the bench.

JG can't do that because Jerry runs the team and he says who plays. Don't you know that by now? I also heard that if the Cowboys want to get back
the 750K they paid him in signing bonus, they have to keep him on the team this year in some fashion.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Other owners in the NFL would say, totally disappointed in him, hopefully it's a lesson
learned and a road to recovery for him during his time off..Not Jerruh, I am proud and
disappointed, Does anyone else agree it's time for Jerruh to step aside and let some
one with a competent mind run this team?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
thejuddstir says: Jul 17, 2016 9:13 AM
Owner, GM, Doctor, Spokesperson and Head Coach Jones knows best, thus da’ boys record over the past 20+ years.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I am disappointed that a person can call himself a General Manager of an NFL franchise when he continues to give contracts and take risks at a position on his football team that is already paper thin in depth. To think Ro was going to suddenly change his ways after so many years in the league is completely ridiculous. Now the team and the fans have to suffer again and pray that Hitchens does not get hurt AND can step up and be a consistent MLB. Coaching the Cowboys with Jerry as the GM is like going to Fight Club and competing with one hand tied behind your back.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
now you see why this team is most of the times 8 and8 and has been relevant in playoff football in more than twenty years if the rest of the defense don't step up this will a 8 win team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread needs to be deleted......or moved to the rant zone....
I have a few posts I would normally reply to, but waste of my time to do so.....

Scotman

Reaction score
It's obvious the owners are subject to the NFL's mandatory drug testing policy.

silver

Reaction score
He's proud he got McClain on the cheap. He loves them bargains like Weeden and Hardy. Don't be surprised if he eventually gives Johnny Manziel a second chance (on the cheap of course). Jones is the NFL's equivalent of a flea market hoarder.

Last edited:

Satchel89

Reaction score
Jerry shutup. Can we just get to Training Camp? I'm sick of McClain and I don't care what happens with him.