News: PFT: Jerry Jones is disappointed, but still proud of Rolando McClain

Sydla

Reaction score
Amid reports that the Cowboys’ coaches want to get rid of Rolando McClain, owner and G.M. Jerry Jones is standing by the troubled linebacker. Jones acknowledged that he’s not happy that McClain got suspended for the first 10 games of the season for a violation of the league’s substance abuse policy, but that isn’t going…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2400933&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

Jones simply just doesn't know when to say enough is enough. He's blindly loyal to a fault. It's why we'll get Jason Garrett as our head coach for the next 3-4 years even if he's mediocre at best.

If you become a favorite of Jones, especially if you are a pet reclamation project of his, you can pretty much do (or not do) whatever you want.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Jerry has always been like this. Sometimes it works (La'el) and sometimes it just is what it is (Josh Brent) and something it's ridiculous (Rolondo).
Its unfair to even put La'el in that category, seeing as how there is no proof that he did anything wrong at all. No drugs, no misconduct, no valid run ins with the law, no selfish acts, no player rumors of being a bad teammate, etc.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Its unfair to even put La'el in that category, seeing as how there is no proof that he did anything wrong at all. No drugs, no misconduct, no valid run ins with the law, no selfish acts, no player rumors of being a bad teammate, etc.

I wasn't suggesting he was the same as those guys, it was a comment on Jerry's loyalty to his players. I'm not saying any of the circumstances are the same.

Zordon

Reaction score
20 years we've been held hostage by this man. Here's to 20 more Jerry... benevolent dictator.

plymkr

Reaction score
He's proud he got McClain on the cheap. He loves them bargains like Weeden and Hardy. Don't be surprised if he eventually gives Johnny Manziel a second chance (on the cheap of course). Jones is the NFL's equivalent of a flea market hoarder.

That is a really good analogy. Jerry Jones is the NFL's equivalent to a Flea Market Hoarder. That's exactly the mentality. Get things for cheap that other people who owned them previously have figured out it's garbage and then hold on to the said garbage until it clutters up your house to the point that it ruins your life.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones said suspended MLB Rolando McClain is keeping his roster spot "for now" because of salary cap reasons.

McClain was re-signed to a one-year, $4 million deal in March that included a $750,000 signing bonus. The $750,000 is what's keeping McClain aboard for the time being. Undoubtedly, the Cowboys are trying to recoup all or some of that signing bonus. It doesn't sound like McClain will play another down for Dallas.

ksadler1

Reaction score

Every time I hear Jerry talk I think about this for some reason.

It's that "Ah Ha" moment.....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't give up on his people. I applaud that in today's day and age where everyone and everything is disposable.

As for people that have to call people trash, junk, or similar diatribes so as to justify punitive action, I seriously question your ethics. If you are going to judge and condemn at least have the courage to be real.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
That is a really good analogy. Jerry Jones is the NFL's equivalent to a Flea Market Hoarder. That's exactly the mentality. Get things for cheap that other people who owned them previously have figured out it's garbage and then hold on to the said garbage until it clutters up your house to the point that it ruins your life.

But where else would I go to get my Scarface posters, velvet panther paintings, and chrome nunchucks?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

Every time I hear Jerry talk I think about this for some reason.

It's that "Ah Ha" moment.....

I tend go towards Boss Hogg
hqdefault.jpg

dfense

Reaction score
Jerry sounds more and more like a Democrat these days.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Wow what a message to send to your team.

A linebacker is not worth the trouble. Simply put.

Whether he plays or not does not move the Vegas line... He is not absolutely critical.

Much better served as an example.