News: PFT: Jerry Jones "not confident at all" signing OBJ without a workout

Sydla

Reaction score
At this point I hope we pass.

If dude isn’t willing to run routes or workout prior to signing, that’s enough of a red flag for me.
I don’t like diva type receivers anyway and our offense has been putting up points and moving the ball no problem since Dak’s return.

Pass on this guy. He won’t be the immediate difference maker to put us over the top like some thought.

Yeah, if he's refusing to workout, he's trying to pull a fast one. His track record of being honest, "normal" isn't the best. So if he won't work out, forget about it.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I am no Jerry fan but Jimmy didn't do anything after Jimmy left either.

We don't need OBJ and it's not make or break for this team. In years past, Jerry would do these kinds of things to make all of you think he's doing everything he can to win. This hid the fact that Jerry is not and never will be a true leader and it'll be much of the same when his son takes over.

27 years of losing and the last two playoff games says we do need OBJ.

Jimmy was so good that the team he built still won another SB years after he left.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Jane Slater on instagram is saying people she has spoken too have said 3 weeks at the minimum to get a WR familiar with a new team, considering he hasn’t had a preseason like he did before signing with the Rams last year.
She also said her gut feeling is that Jerry wants the deal done and could get it done, but only with an injury protection clause.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Yeah, if he's refusing to workout, he's trying to pull a fast one. His track record of being honest, "normal" isn't the best. So if he won't work out, forget about it.
Noone is going to sign him without a workout

Blackrain

Reaction score
If he won't work out for the team we have no clue what he really is.

I think we should bring Dez in and let the two work out together and see who's more impressive that would tell you right there Tell Dez if he has a better workout than OBJ will sign him

foofighters

Reaction score
27 years of losing and the last two playoff games says we do need OBJ.

Jimmy was so good that the team he built still won another SB years after he left.
They won one SB the year after he left. Then the wheels fell off. Jimmy did nothing once the Cap was put into place. Sure it's easy to build when you access to $$$$$. We don't OBJ to win a SB. We need solid leadership. Solid football play on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. We need Jerry to treat the Cowboys like an actual football team instead of the circus that continues to generate money. You need to stop with this "one player away mentality" that Jerry has sold the fanbase on forever now. Besides, is OBJ even healthy enough to play this year? Doubtful.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Jesus. Half of this board knows he's a waste of time. To think Jerry is just now figuring it out is pretty depressing. On point, but depressing.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
The fo is just more concerned about tryna not look bad for letting go of cooper and Wilson. And their stance on building through the draft.

They were clearly wrong about Zeke and Pollard also

I mean why spend the cap money now if there's always next year lol

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Breaking News:

James Washington has agreed in principle to legally change his name to Odell Beckham. Cowboys get OBJ anyway. Haha

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Obj was better than Gallop is now and has more playoff tds and Superbowl tds and rings

But let's just save this cap money for next year why we overpay Zeke tyron, and Dak

Just sign obj and at least get them jersey sales

At least we'll have hope. Anybody that thinks we can beat the Niners
hasn't seen the combination of Mccaffery and Deebo that's coming even without Jimmy G lol or Tampa and Brady, or Philly or the chiefs and mahomes or buffalo and Allen

This team will fold like a cheap suit against a true Superbowl contender with this te LED offensive scheme lol.

Our te core has 1 playoff TD in 25 years and obj has double that. He was definitely the icing on the Rams cake last year if I remember

I bet obj at 80% is still better than gallop and all these tes
Js

That 2 headed monster in sf is gonna be a force to be reckoned w come playoff time anyways

Ya know it's coming. They could smoke us w Baker Mayfield at QB and Deebo and Mccaffery in the backfield easily.

Last edited:

TheFinisher

Reaction score
You should have seen this from a mile away the way this has dragged out. He’s not healthy and is trying to cash in one last time.

We look ridiculous for courting this guy for the past month and a half.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
How about let's do something besides throw it to one of these jag tes who only score 1 playoff TD every 25 years.

Let's see one of these tes go up and get the ball like obj

Omg

Y'all gotta think positive when ya got a player that has dem' paper stats

Some said Gallop might not come back

If it wasn't for this organization signing Haley and Prime time we'd have alot less rings. js

Some times ya just gotta say wt hay and do something for Zeke and Tyron and these guys that want a RING before they retire!!!!!

Last edited:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
How about let's do something besides throw it to one of these jag tes who only score 1 playoff TD every 25 years.

Let's see one of these tes go up and get the ball like obj

Omg

Y'all gotta think positive when ya got a player that has dem' paper stats

Some said Gallop might not come back

If it wasn't for this organization signing Haley and Prime time we'd have alot less rings. js

These fans are hypocrites and dotards at the same time. I never seen a fan base thinking that insanity strategy is still going to work after 27 years of opposite results.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
For all you fans who could just imagine how great this team woulda been with Cooper and this year's defense I salute ya

But all you others got your boy Schultz the Giant and Philly killa instead ha ha ha

We have a 1 in 25 years chance hahaha and ya know it

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
For all you fans who could just imagine how great this team woulda been with Cooper and this year's defense I salute ya

But all you others got your boy Schultz the Giant and Philly killa instead ha ha ha
The same Cooper that is always MIA on the road which is where we will be playing all playoffs long?