News: PFT: Jerry Jones said he and Jason Garrett "have real trust"

Dre11

Reaction score
Fairly obvious that Kellen Moore is being groomed to eventually replace Jason Garrett as HC.

Say KM’s a quick study, has early success as OC and shows the required leadership skills. Then Jerry might replace JG sooner rather than later; possibly moving him into a FO position.

If, on the other hand, KM suffers growing pains and needs more time, Jerry will likely extend JG a few more years while KM gains experience.

Bottom-line: Kellen Moore’s the new HC-in-waiting. Just a matter of time.

Lol..obvious to who...lol

Dre11

Reaction score
So much trust that you pick his assistants for him, Jerry?

And you know Garrett wasn't in on Moore being promoted or Kitna? Or as usual are you making assumptions

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Yeah Jerry , who cares as long as you and your red-headed step child are both making money , right ?

Sydla

Reaction score
And you know Garrett wasn't in on Moore being promoted or Kitna? Or as usual are you making assumptions

Jerry made the hire. Sure, Garrett probably had some input but it was the owner who picked the coaches. In what world does the owner hire the assistants? Oh, in Jerry’s world.

You might be the most naive person here.

Dre11

Reaction score
Jerry made the hire. Sure, Garrett probably had some input but it was the owner who picked the coaches. In what world does the owner hire the assistants? Oh, in Jerry’s world.

You might be the most naive person here.

Jerry doesn't pick all of the assistants, this is where your foolishness show. You have no idea who made the call on Moore, everyone knows Jerry likes to be the face of everything, you don't know if it was him or not. You might be the most desperate person here.

conner01

Reaction score
Could be...but then Jerry Jones will turn 77yo this July.

Seriously doubt he wants to start over — yet again — with a new HC, a new coaching staff and a new scheme/personnel philosophy.
I’m sure he doesn’t want to
I’m assuming he feels JG and Moore can win
If they do then JG will get an extension for a few more years then he may go to front office
But if it fails he’s not replacing JG with Moore
I think if it’s doesnt work he has to blow it up and start over and I know that not something he wants to do

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't pick all of the assistants, this is where your foolishness show. You have no idea who made the call on Moore, everyone knows Jerry likes to be the face of everything, you don't know if it was him or not. You might be the most desperate person here.
I think there is more of a process involving Jerry, Stephen, McClay and JG than most think
Jerry is always gonna have the last word and always gonna be the face of everything
I just don’t think Jerry sits around making every decision as people think
I think there was a time he did but I think it’s now much different. I think included the draft, personnel and staff

cern

Reaction score
As stephen gets more control over things, it's his trust of Garrett that matters. I don't think stephen cares for Garrett as his head coach.

Sydla

Reaction score

Your continual denials as to reality are funny.

Jerry made the call on Moore. He pretty much said he was making the call on the OC. He also said that he wasn’t sure he was going to let Garrett call plays or not. He had complete control over who was hired and their roles.

Name for me another team where the owner is the face of an assistsnt coaching search.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree for the most part Idgit. But, the way things played out with Linehan last year (giving him more of a voice) and then Moore getting the OC gig and play calling duties... I can't imagine Garrett being ok with how things are playing out. Add the lack of an extension and I'd be unhappy no matter how much I trust my boss.

Moore means Jerry didn’t want to spend the money on an established coach. Moore’s not heat on Garrett, but he’s evidence the team needs to be competitive next season.

But that’s sort of the case with Jerry every contract year. Garrett needs to deliver with a good team. That’s a fair ask.

Dre11

Reaction score
Your continual denials as to reality are funny.

Jerry made the call on Moore. He pretty much said he was making the call on the OC. He also said that he wasn’t sure he was going to let Garrett call plays or not. He had complete control over who was hired and their roles.

Name for me another team where the owner is the face of an assistsnt coaching search.

You're a funny dude, truly you are, as I said you have no idea who had control over what, you knew for sure Garrett was fired at 3-5, you put him in the coffin. How'd that work out for you? He never said he made the call, more desperation from you, in fact he said no decision was made when initially asked , as if it wasn't only his call.
Jerry is the GM, and a lot of GMs make hires, In this case you've been told over and over that it's a collaborative effort, yet you continue to ignore it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Moore means Jerry didn’t want to spend the money on an established coach. Moore’s not heat on Garrett, but he’s evidence the team needs to be competitive next season.

But that’s sort of the case with Jerry every contract year. Garrett needs to deliver with a good team. That’s a fair ask.

Good points my friend.

Both Jerry and Steven have said the team needs to build upon last seasons success. In fact Steven had to defend the organization against accusations they were “satisfied” just being in the playoffs.

Add to that no extension for Garrett and the writing is on the wall. Garrett at a minimum needs to make the playoffs next year. Hard to imagine a scenario where the team doesn’t make the playoffs and yet Jerry hands Garrett a new contract.

Don’t see how Jerry sells that to the fan base. Like you said, Garrett needs to deliver in his contract year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I truly suspect that Jerry is intending to keep JG in tow beyond 2019, although, it probably remains to be seen.

I'm also suspicious that it might be very likely to take a catastrophically terrible season for him to do otherwise.

Maybe this is in answer to a ground swelling of opinions last season that Garrett's return was already assured.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
You're a funny dude, truly you are, as I said you have no idea who had control over what, you knew for sure Garrett was fired at 3-5, you put him in the coffin. How'd that work out for you? He never said he made the call, more desperation from you, in fact he said no decision was made when initially asked , as if it wasn't only his call.
Jerry is the GM, and a lot of GMs make hires, In this case you've been told over and over that it's a collaborative effort, yet you continue to ignore it.

I never said Garrett was fired at 3-5 for sure.

Prove that comment. I’ll wait.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s no reason not to have confidence in this Dynamic Duo. Super Bowl or Bust baby !! Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I truly suspect that Jerry is intending to keep JG in tow beyond 2019, although, it probably remains to be seen.

I'm also suspicious that it might be very likely to take a catastrophically terrible season for him to do otherwise.

Maybe this is in answer to a ground swelling of opinions last season that Garrett's return was already assured.
Jerry is simply appeasing the Lynch Mob adding some Hope for them.

Jerry has every intention of resigning Garrett. As usual it would take a total collapse to bring change.