News: PFT: Jerry Jones sees similarities between Cowboys’, Rams’ offenses

Fire407

Reaction score
Why does Jerry feel the need to make unreasonable comparisons to defend the team? He should let the play on the field speak for itself. If somehow the Cowboys can put together a winning streak, then the respect will come naturally. Also, they played the comments on Total Access on Friday and Jerry's reply made it seem as if he were referring to himself as the head coach. I think he forgot about Jason Garrett for a moment. He is getting senile and becoming more like Al Davis near the end.

zeke21

Reaction score
I can see it.. both wear uniforms, both wear helmets, both have 11 players on the field during plays, both have a designated QB, both have a RB, both have TE's, both have WR's.. both can either run or pass the ball to gain yardage, both get 4 downs to progress the ball 10 yards or surrender possession... both score 3 points for a successful field goal, both score 7 points for a successful TD.

The list just goes on and on.. you should be embarrassed picking on Jerry.. I reckon if you played the games in black and white.. you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between the two!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As usual, Jerry felt a need to sell his product to the media. In turn, the media twisted his comments to make it sound even more absurd than it actually was. If Jerry hasn't learned by now to refrain from selling a poor product to the world, he probably never will.

What has happened to the Cowboys organization, both in the past and lately, has happened largely due to the Dallas FO insisting upon perpetuating its routine habit of making ill-advised decisions. Delusional leaders are prone to such things.

The Cowboys desperately need a competent GM and VP to properly guide the team in the right direction. That's where it all begins -- at the top. From there on, it all filters down throughout the entire organization until the team reaches a level similar to what they currently have.

Unfortunately, for the Cowboys organization, it is a self-defeating setup that's destined to force it's blundering ways from the very top position, right on down to the bottom of the totem pole. Their top leadership stubbornly remains in denial of their own incompetence -- what a shame!

Last edited:

csirl

Reaction score
Jerry's right. Their are similarities:

11 men on the field.
They both wear white and blue jerseys.
They use a ball......

Hadenough

Reaction score
I wonder if Jerry knows the Cowboys are 8-32 on third down conversions this year and have scored a league low 41 points in 3 games.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Ole' sugar daddy Jerrah was drinking the hooch .

Garrett will even make a drunk out of the richest owner in the NFL .

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I bet you that Sean McVay could scheme around Dak and actually run this offense at a pretty high level.

Likewise, give Linehan the keys to the Rams offense and he's running Gurley up the gut 25 times a game.

Coaching matters.
Linehan did have the keys to the Rams before. They went 8-8, 3-13 then 0-4 before getting fired.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Well one could argue that the Rams don't have a legit # 1 WR, while Cook, Kupp and Woods are very good I would hardly put them in the #1 category ala Irvin, Rice, Carter etc.
Cooks is a legit #1 WR. He is not in the Elite class like Antonio Brown or Julio Jones. A #1 WR is simply a player that requires extra attention from a defense, double teaming, brackets etc, a player that a defense is not going to give single coverage on too many plays or they will burn you. An elite #1 like Julio or Brown can burn you even with double coverage, sometimes just too much talent. #1 WR come in different quality and ability on some teams the #1 is actually a TE like Gronk or Olsen for the Panthers. Most teams in the NFL and all the good teams has a #1 that requires that respect from a defense.

If we had Cooks, he would be consistently double covered, while a defense may not respect Dak's arm, they sure would respect Cooks ability. Having a #1 simplifies reads, right now without one, defenses are comfortable in 1on1 with any of our players. This gives them, in effect an extra defender to use as they want, spy Dak or Zeke(much like Wagner did last week), dial up a blitz, load the box, roll coverage wherever they want. If we had Cooks and they left him 1on1, Dak might be more comfortable that he would get it versus someone like Hurns, at least I would.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Not even close.

The Rams take Gurley and have him run a seam route out of the backfield for a mismatch and easy TD. Never see anything like that with Elliott. I also see guys wide open on routes in that offense. I never see that in Dallas. I also see the Rams scheme for mismatches and take advantage of that. I also never see that. Jerry is an old idiot.
We are trying to get Zeke more involved in the passing which is a good sign. Zeke stepped out of bounds and dropped two others, while that was bad, it was encouraging because he was open and there were plays there. While not a seam route, one of the drops was Zeke leaking through the line and running a shallow cross, he had 2 steps on Wagner, Dak laid it perfectly in front, Zeke didn't even have to break stride, he just dropped it. I'm not pointing it out to hammer Zeke, just that they were finally trying it and the plays were there. Those are the little things that make it a different game. I just hope we don't stop trying them.

Naruto

Reaction score
There isnt a position goup on this team or front office that the rams aren't far superior in. From the owner all the way down.

I’m sorry but I draw the line at Stan Kroenke. He’s literally the worst owner in sports and he’s proven it across multiple franchises in multiple different sports.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Using that number is ridiculous. Well hell, when 70% or so of your passes are from 0-6 air yards, its not hard to have a high percentage of COMPLETED passes. A high % is not in a vacuum. There are many other aspects that go into making a complete quarterback.
You know that my post was in response to a poster saying that there Rams have an accurate passer, and upgrading skill positions won't help because we don't have an accurate passer.

Jarred Goff threw 54% his rookie year and looked horrible. A new coach and skill guys, he's completing 70%.
Dak has proven to be more accurate than Goff early in his career.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
"That's why you are on the radio and they are coaching."

Dude, I wish I were one of those radio hosts! I would have immediately come back with: "That may be so, Mr. Jones, but I couldn't do a whole lot worse than your staff. They are 31st out of 32 on offense! Hell, I could probably get you to 29 for a lot less money!"