News: PFT: Jerry Jones sees window of opportunity for Cowboys

waving monkey

Reaction score
IF they win a championship with garrett, it will be despite him, not because of him....he is holding this team back we get blown out in 4 games, and in 3 of them, we get out coached immensely in the 2nd half of the games when the other teams adjusts and garrett claps...it is embarrassing
you cant have your cake and eat it too
if coaching is so important and the DC win some hardware the coach is a big part of that.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has been saying this for years. But he's finally right.

As long as the Cowboys' offensive line stays elite (I worry about Tyron Smith's back issues), this window will be wide open for a while. Dak and Zeke are here for the long run, and as long as we get some more talent at receiver, this offense is loaded.

On defense, I am very, very excited about our kid secondary (Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, Frazier). Lock up DeMarcus Lawrence, find another edge rusher, and keep Sean Lee healthy, and this team is a contender for quite a while.

Agreed.

willia451

Reaction score
Two playoff wins in 20 years. One and done twice in 10 years with the #1 seed, HFA, and a bye. By any measure THAT is failure. Epic failure. Cleveland Browns type failure. But by all means.

Give your HOF butt a pat, Jerry. The future is bright.

Next year's team. We are only one year away. Chug chug chug that Kool-aide. Next year is our year.

IWNKAxF.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Even if the Cowboys do not make the playoffs this season, I like where the team is headed. Get some help at LB, DT some speed at WR and an OT prospect and I think this team is right there.

At this point we should draft good football players from big schools who have decent metrics and hope to hit on 1 or 2. The only positions I think need addressing is edge rusher, OT, a #1 or #2 WR prospect, and a cover LBer. You're always looking for DL, OL, and DB. But we have decent depth; we just need to upgrade as well as address those positions which we seem to agree on.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Get a legit Dcoord who dosent go into turtle mode when we need to protect a lead... we sit there and let them do what they want till they eventually score and we walk away with our head down... Defense wins ships and we have one that is a joke

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I dont know what jerry sees but I see a Vikings that lost both of there starting qb's and right now are 11 and 3 they have a qb by the name of Case Keenum who is at best a journeyman qb and there staff has adjusted and now have a shot to be the first team in nfl history to play at there home stadium in the superbowl so all this excuse making about injuries and players missing time is just that poor excuses for failure coaching matters

Jerryrage

Reaction score
IF they win a championship with garrett, it will be despite him, not because of him....he is holding this team back we get blown out in 4 games, and in 3 of them, we get out coached immensely in the 2nd half of the games when the other teams adjusts and garrett claps...it is embarrassing

The Rams coach blasted and exposed this team. Goes to show how much coaching matters. Ask Tony Romo why he really quit..

haleyrules

Reaction score
Jerry is running his usual con. He only sees wads of cash. Probably believes his own BS. Greatest snake oil salesman of all time.

haleyrules

Reaction score
..kinda scary, I dont know what to clue on anymore. >>>>Players, coaches, organization, bad luck...??? ..etc. I"m just content with having some excitement again, and going with flow wherever it might go.
That's a big part of the problem. Lack of expectation on the part of the fan base, just what ole Jerry boy wants. When l first found the Cowboys I expected them to win the SB EVERY year. Most Cowboy fans did at the time. Jerry has crushed those feelings just to stoke his pathetic ego. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It would have helped if his QB wasn't completely inept in those games.
Dak struggled mainly because the game plans, and especially the in game adjustments, in those games we’re atrocious. The lack of in game adjustments( chip for the backup tackles) in the Atlanta game were inexcusable. Garrett should have been fired on the spot right after that fiasco of a game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Even if the Cowboys do not make the playoffs this season, I like where the team is headed. Get some help at LB, DT some speed at WR and an OT prospect and I think this team is right there.
I don’t like where this team is headed with Garrett. Coaching is the most important aspect of success in today’s NFL. We don’t have enough of it!