News: PFT: Jerry Jones: Tony Pollard showed he's an outstanding weapon but it's back to Zeke next week

plasticman

Reaction score
Guys,

Jerry Jones absolutely cannot praise Tony Pollard.

If he does, then you can bet the house that Pollard agent will have those words memorized and ready to throw back in Jerry's face during contract negotiations.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m not sure why we’d expect him to bench his 90 million $ RB.

Hopefully the coaching staff will insert Pollard more . But it’s a fine line they must dance around or a call from sky box could come down.

Remember last year when Zeke was hurt and McCarthy wanted to rest him , Zeke wanted to play so he played. Wonder who made that call? Lol

Its not about Zeke and Pollard to me ..... I like both. Its about the owner making the decision on playing time.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
And it has been in that range the last 3 games with and without Zeke
Before the Bears game Pollard I believe averaged 9.5 carries a game to Zeke's 15.5.

I wouldn't mind seeing a reversal of those numbers, now yes if Zeke is hot you give him the load but Pollard stresses the D a bit more imo.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Zeke can carry the load but he's ineffective, so I'd rather get the most of Pollard while we can. Do you understand now, playboi?!?
Playboi!
mchammer-mc.gif

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

LOL....:muttley:...It's much like having a fast Daytona race car and telling Dale Earnhardt Jr. to go sit down....you gonna have your lovable son Stephen drive it instead. It's a sentimental kind of thing and you don't want him to feel unwanted and unloved.
Bless his heart.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The problem is. Why is Jerry speaking about coaching decisions at all?
because he is the HC ! lol He just hides behind the asst HC who is McCarthy.
Tony will get 10 touches or less in this next game.
and in the 1st playoff game if EE is healthy, he will get most of the playing time , snaps, and carries, and tony will keep the bench warm.
those are my predictions, lets see if I am right or wrong.

GoldenR

Reaction score
because he is the HC ! lol He just hides behind the asst HC who is McCarthy.
Tony will get 10 touches or less in this next game.
and in the 1st playoff game if EE is healthy, he will get most of the playing time , snaps, and carries, and tony will keep the bench warm.
those are my predictions, lets see if I am right or wrong.
Well, it's worked in the past playoff games as we have moved past the first round several times .......... wait, what? what am I saying...

Kumala808

Reaction score
You guys are always jumping all in after 1 game performances. First it was start rush even when f
Dak is ready, now its start pollard over zeke. Cmon

Beaker42

Reaction score
These comments that Jerry supposedly said are posted like quotes and they’re not. It makes it sound like Pollard is going to be on the bench and Zeke is going to get all the snaps and that’s incorrect. In the two previous games before Zeke was out the carries were divvied up pretty much the same way. Zeke is getting about two or three more touches a game than Pollard. Some fans here won’t be happy unless Pollard gets all the carries/touches and Zeke is on the bench the entire game.
You should be as well. Our run game hasn't looked that good since Zeke's rookie season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Zeke is no longer a productive lead back, so Pollard should get the majority of the carries

They are doing it the right way. Split the carries based on match ups. Zeke still the guy, as we see DC's still game plan more for Zeke....then hit them with Tony, especially when they are worn down.
Zeke would have had a great game against the Bears. He would not have had that long TD run but he would have gained some good yards, as well. A few runs Pollard did not get yards, Zeke's power would have gotten more.